[ 25 ] involuntary lies

Akaashi's POV of that day:

Everything was going great between Y/n and Keiji, until he started drowning in school work.

Because of how busy he'd been with volleyball practice, his studies have been crammed up. He was aware that he hadn't been walking Y/n home for some time now, and he's never felt more guilty in his life. He was too ashamed to tell her that he was stressing over both volleyball and his studies.

After class, he'd stay behind the classroom to work on some of his homework and assignments so he wouldn't have to work it at home and endure his mother's constant nagging, which meant he'd be a few minutes late to practice. He knew that if Y/n found out about it, she'd be upset that he couldn't just ask help from her. He decided to keep it from her.

Today was more or so the same. After class, he stayed behind, working his homework and assignments. However, he didn't notice the time. He had finished at around 4 pm, and he was an hour late for practice.

He dashed down the hallways and went to his locker. He opened it, and changed from his indoor slippers to his volleyball shoes. Before he could even finish, he heard footsteps. Who would be here at this time? Dismissal of classes was at 3:15 pm and it was already 4:15. He shrugged off his questioning thoughts, continuing to wear his volleyball shoes, taking his blazer off and untying his necktie.

"Ah, I knew you'd be here." A voice echoed through the boys' empty locker room. Akaashi didn't recognize the voice.

He looked up to see a familiar face. What was her name? Ichigo? He recognized her since she was one of the journalists in Y/n's club. She wore a devilish grin, her chest was puffed out, her hands were behind her back as she was twisting and turning her foot in attempt to look adorable. She looked pleadingly at Akaashi. He mentally cringed. "What are you doing here, Ichigo was it? Girls aren't allowed here."

Ichigo had a reputation of hooking up with her friends' boyfriends and Akaashi was aware of that. There was one time when he listened to Y/n rant about her being so disrespectful and rude. He remembered how she looked when she was annoyed or mad — her nose would scrunch and her eyebrows would furrow. Despite her anger towards Ichigo, she never called her names like "slut" or "hoe" compared to other girls. One of the many reasons why Akaashi loves Y/n so much. He frowns at the thought, dearly missing his girlfriend.

Caught up with thoughts of Y/n, he hadn't noticed Ichigo moving closer and closer to him. The moment she put her arms on Akaashi's chest, his mind was pulled back to reality. He furrowed his eyebrows in annoyance, gently pushing her arms away. "What are you doing, Ichigo? Stop it." He warned her, backing away from her a bit.

He was about to get his bag and rush out, thinking that it'd be better if he changed in the gym. But before he could, Ichigo pushed him onto the bench behind him. "Oh come on, Keiji. You're no fun." She pouted, slowly walking towards him.

His elbows was rested on the bench, supporting his upper body's weight. He now was glaring at her. "Don't call me that."

She walked on top of Akaashi with his body in between her thighs, resting right above his lower abdomen as she placed both her arms on his chest, leaning her face down on him. "You really are what people say about you." He scoffed at her, turning his face away.

"Gotta keep my reputation in check, then." She smirked. She entangled her fingers in Akaashi's hair, forcefully moving his head to face her. "I don't get why you're with that loser Y/n. She's so boring." She rolled her eyes.

Akaashi couldn't move with how Ichigo was pinning his body down. "Get off me." He was now growling at her. She didn't mind hin and proceeded to unbotton his school uniform. "You're honestly too hot for her." She suddenly brings her face down to his, biting and sucking his lower lip which surprised Akaashi.

With the strength he gained from his raging anger, he pushed her off him. He stood up and glared at her — his blue metallic eyes piercing though her hazel brown orbs. She scoffed, standing up and patting dust off her skirt. "You're gonna regret this, Akaashi." She glared at him, walking away.

Akaashi took a few minutes to process what had happened. He should've known she was up to no good. He already knew what kind of person she was like. He should've up and left when he had the chance. He cringed, remembering how she'd suck on his lip. He aggressively wiped his lip, causing it to redden.

He took his blazer and put it on his arm. His neck tie was still hanging around his neck but he didn't care. He was too occuppied with his feeling of both guilt and anger. How could he let this happen? How could he face Y/n looking and feeling like this? He mentally prayed he wouldn't bump into her.

Walking up the stairs, his eyes laid on a familiar face that made his heart skip a beat — his prayers were clearly repudiated by the heavens as he stared at Y/n sitting on the floor. "Y/n?" He called out to her.

She broke off of her daze, looking up at Akaashi. His heart wavered when he witnessed the change of emotion she had on her face — the look of happiness was replaced with an expression he wasn't familiar with. It was like she was disgusted, angered, and confused.

"Where have you been?" She finally spoke, and he could see her try to surpress a glare at him.

He gulped. He'd never seen this side of her before. He should just tell the truth. Tell her the truth. "I was... busy." He blurted out. He mentally facepalmed. Why did he say that? He should've told her what happened. He should've told her what Ichigo did. "Sorry, I know I'm late. I was in a hurry to go to the gym." He continued, lying through his teeth.

He knew, he knew damn well that Y/n would eventually catch up to his lying.

He saw her glare at him but she forced out a smile. "It's okay. Coach had just been looking for you, and Bokuto has a cold." She informed him curtly, standing up and patting away dust from her skirt.

He only nodded, feeling guilt consume him further. He walked up to her little form and interwined his fingers with hers.

That night, he stayed behind at the gym and declined her offer for him to walk her home — this was the third time. And yes, he was aware of that. He knew he had to make it up to Y/n, but he did need to work on his sets. Seeing her walk away from him broke his heart.

He needed to apologize and explain to her tomorrow.

For now, he didn't have any choice but to ask Bokuto for help.