[ 17 ] Took you long enough

Monday night; 9:14 pm

"Do you have feelings for me?" Akaashi's question completely took you aback. He stayed still, hand still holding your chin up to look at him.

You didn't know what to tell him. Was this his concern? Last Friday? Was he just plain curious? Or was he messing with you? You swore you could feel a lump in your throat, precluding you from talking. Your stomach fell and your heart was beating so fast it could challenge Usain Bolt in a race.

Before you could answer, your phone started ringing. In annoyance, Akaashi sat back down, leaning his back on the couch and crossing his arms, leaving you in the position he put you in. You cleared your throat, picking your phone from the coffee table to see who was calling.

"Bubs?" You answered nonchalantly, making Akaashi's eye twitch in jealousy. Even though you told him and Bokuto a while ago that this person you called 'bubs' wasn't your boyfriend, he still couldn't help but feel jealous. This 'bubs' had a more intimate relationship with you than Akaashi possibly ever will. He frowned at his own thoughts of self-deprivation.

You ended the call in an instant, feeling Akaashi's dark aura once more. You sheepishly turned to him, seeing his annoyed look once more. Was it because you called Rintarou bubs? You mentally wish you knew more about understanding other people's feelings. You liked it when people are straightforward with you — it just annoys you when they're not. Akaashi, however, wasn't being straightforward. He wasn't telling you what the problem was so you couldn't help him.

"Akaashi what's wro—" before you could even finish your sentence, he stood up and walked to the counter of the kitchen, resting his elbows on it and running his fingers through his hair.

You can do this. You can do this. You can do this. He chanted in his head. It has been three months — three months that you and Akaashi were more friends than you were a year ago. A year ago neither one of you would dare go near the other. A year ago if you told Akaashi he'd be in a situation where his jealousy would take the best of him now, he wouldn't believe you. Yet here he was, alone with you in your apartment, frustrated with the fact that he's having a hard time opening up to you, head-over-heels in the moment, he never thought he'd catch such strong feelings for you. He was okay with just glancing at you from a distance. Now that he's here, he's mentally telling himself not to screw this up.

"Akaashi," you called out to him, seeing how he was walking in the kitchen counter. He turned to face you, sadness evident in his blue metallic eyes that could pull you into him any time. Your lips quivered, unsure of how you should deliver your question. "Do... you have feelings for me..?" This was the only logical explanation as to why he's been acting this way.

Akaashi threw his hands in the air in both relief and still frustration. "Took you long enough. That density of yours was starting to affect me so much." He shook his head, sighing, and looked deeply into your eyes.

"You... like me?" You furrowed your eyebrows, unsure if he was being serious or not. "Like, like me?"

Seeing you deep in thought, Akaashi slowly made his way to you. Your eyes roamed around your little apartment. You were blabbering on about how crazy it would be that he'd have feelings for you, and that you knew this had to be some sort of prank. You continued giving him reasons and reasons as to why he shouldn't even have feelings for a low-life aspiring journalist.

You didn't notice him already so close to you. And when you did, you were to late to react. He had his arm around your lower back, pulling you close to him. He had his hand rested on your nape, pulling your face close to him. His familiar and comforting smell intoxicated your nose and even if you didn't want to admit it, you loved it when you were this close to him.

"Shut up, please." He sighed, as your eyes finally found its way back to his. Your lips slightly parted for you to say something but he immediately cut you off when he crashed your lips onto his.

To say you were ecstatic would be an understatement — you've been dreaming for this day to come. You wanted to feel how Akaashi's lips felt against yours, and now that you knew, you didn't know how to react. His lips was soft and tasted much like mint.

It took you a while to put your shit together but when you did, you kissed him back, with the same pressure he'd given you. Maybe it was the pent-up frustration he was holding that made his kiss transition from passionate to aggressive. You threw your arms around his neck, tiptoeing to reach his height. You were way smaller than him — he's a six-foot guy, after all.

Your lips glided against his, hoping this feeling wouldn't end — hoping this wasn't just some stupid dream. He bit on your bottom lip, begging for entrance and you when you opened your mouth, he slid his tongue in. Your tongues moved together in sync, and fought for dominance. His hold on you was tightening, and a little while later you pulled away from each other to catch your breath. "Goddamnit, Y/n." He gritted his teeth, resting his forehead against yours.

"W-what?" You looked at him, expecting an answer.

He brought his forehead up and pulled you into a hug. Your head was now resting on his chest and you could hear his racing heartbeat.

"Please," he sounded desparate. You looked up at him once more to see his pleading eyes. "Please, be mine already."