[ 10 ] Overprotective and jealous?

You stood nervously in the train station waiting for Akaashi.

He had texted you early in the morning, reminding you that you would go to school together. You wasted no time and got up immediately. Which brings us here, now.

Your fingers were fidgeting as your eyes frantically looked around for a tall, raven-haired boy. Where could he be? The train had now come to a stop. If they miss this train, they might be late for school.

A hand suddenly rested on your shoulder, startling you. "Hey, it's just me." Akaashi chuckled, grabbing your hand and swiftly bringing you in the train, putting you in the corner and blocking your view.

"Akaashi...?" You softly called for him, wondering why he was blocking you and why he put you in a corner.

The train was now fully packed, mostly filled with men. You still didn't break your gaze on Akaashi, until he finally looked down at you, putting both his hands on her cheeks. "I don't like the thought of your body against any of these guys. Who knows one of them might be a creep." He seemed disgusted, letting go of your face and held your hand.

You blushed at how freely Akaashi acted towards you. First, he indirectly told you to cuddle with him, and then he brought dinner last night, and now this. Was it safe to assume that Akaashi Keiji might have... feelings for you?

Ah, no.

That's ridiculous.

He's just doing this because you're friends. Friends look out for each other. Yes, that's it. But it still didn't fully explain why he wanted to cuddle with you.

"Ah, by the way, L/n." Akaashi broke your train of thoughts, bringing your attention to him. "I believe Bokuto-san and I forgot to mention about the week-long training camp that's being held in our campus. I was wondering if that would help give another article to write for your journalism club." 

Your eyes gleamed in excitement. You reminded him of a child, which he found very adorable. He let out a soft, low chuckle. "Oh, Akaashi! That would be perfect! We've been running out of ideas lately. It's a pain in the head, really."

"I'm glad I could be of help." He gave you a little smile from the corner of his mouth, before looking away.

The train finally came to a stop and you exited together, Akaashi's hand still holding tightly onto your smaller one. You didn't seem to be bothered by it, so he didn't let it go. Bokuto had caught up to them, giving them both an excited look and a frown.

"Since when do you walk to school together? Why did you leave me out?" He whined, slumping his shoulders down and groggily entered the gates of their school campus.

"L/n and I will walk to school together starting today." Akaashi replied bluntly, letting go of his hold on your hand.

You wore a confused look. He was giving mixed signals. He looks at you with so much... emotion, but when someone else joins the conversation, he was so expressionless and blunt. Did he want to seem cool in front of you? He didn't have to do that though.

Your thoughts were interrupted when you saw a guy with bed-headed hair walk up to Bokuto with a proud look. "Bokubro!" He exclaimed. It seemed to have lifted Bokuto's spirits.

"Kurobro!" They chest-bumped, and then hugged each other while jumping around. Akaashi stood next to them, with you right behind him, not knowing what to do.

"Akaashi, good to see you, man." He gave Akaashi a low-five before peeking behind him and pointing at the nervous-looking you. "Who's this beauty?"

Akaashi seemed irritated with his comment, seeing as he grabbed you by the waist and pulled you closer to him. "None of your business." He replied bluntly like he did with Bokuto, glaring at the bed-headed guy named Kuroo before looking at Bokuto.

"I'll walk her to class, Bokuto-san. I'll be back later, see you at the gym." He waved slightly, walking away with you still in his grasp.

-

"What was that about, Akaashi? Were you jealous of Kuroo noticing our pretty little friend, L/n?" Bokuto wiggled his eyebrows at Akaashi who still wore a bored look on his face, wiping the sweat off his forehead.

"I don't know what you're talking about, Bokuto-san." He shook his head, avoiding eye-contact.

Bokuto frowned. "Come on, Akaashi! It's okay to admit you're jealous, you know." He continued wiggling his eyebrow.

"Why would I be jealous when I know her heart wavers for me?" He raised an eyebrow, now looking at the dumb-founded Bokuto.

"D-did she tell you she has feelings for you? That's the jackpot, Akaashi! That's awesome news!" Bokuto clapped and jumped up and down, catching the other guys' attentions.

Akaashi waved his hand at Bokuto, gesturing for him to calm down. "No, Bokuto-san. But I hope she will."

"How do you know she likes you, then? You know it seems bad to assume someone had feelings for you." He tapped on his chin, thinking.

Akaashi only shook his head. "I read it in her diary. And I don't want to come off as assuming, but the guy she was describing and writing about, seemed to be... well, me." A small smile was found in the corner of Akaashi's lips, causing Bokuto to grin widely.

"I told you that diary would come in handy~" He cooed, and Akaashi shooed him.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever."