[ 63 ] Acceptance or rejection?

"You'd be selfish not to tell me anything from last night." Atsumu grumbled, a cup of hot tea in hand.

He, Rin, and Osamu arrived home at around 7 am before you could even pick them up. Surprisingly, Osamu managed the two of them in the train.

You shook your head, washing the remaining dishes from breakfast you'd prepared for the three. "There's nothing to tell."

"You know for a girl, you never were the kiss-and-tell type." Rintarou shrugged, taking a sip from his cup. "Respect." He whispered as you rolled your eyes.

"We didn't kiss. Nothing happened, okay? It just rained and he... appeared out of nowhere. That's it." You sighed, drying your hands with the kitchen towel. 

"Yeah, yeah," Osamu mocked. "We'll just have to see how you'll react later and we'll know." He chuckled. 

"Huh?" You looked at Osamu. "What's happening later?" 

"Bokuto invited us to the arcade today since he and 'Tsumu don't have practice."

"Oh, by the way," You turned to Osamu before you leaving the kitchen. "How did he, um, know I'm... afraid of thunders? I never told anyone else." You raised your eyebrow, positive that Osamu had told him.

Osamu briefly pulls away from taking a sip from his cup, turning the bar stool to face you. He had on a gentle smile. "I just told him to chase after you when I heard it pouring. I guess he figured that bit by himself."

You inhaled sharply before turning the corner and retreating to your room. You recalled the events that happened last night after Akaashi appeared out of nowhere and accompanied you home, even when it meant he had to look for another means of transportation back to his and Bo's apartment. 

You remembered how warm and gentle his touch was, how it showed no malice whatsoever, one you haven't been used to in a long time. His words were as sweet as nectar and the way he held onto you so tightly as if not wanting to lose you, had reminded you how it felt to be loved by Akaashi. 

It was completely different from Asano's. 

But you knew better than to compare the two. Asano will never be Akaashi, and Akaashi will never be Asano. 

Maybe it was pure nostalgia what you'd felt last night with Akaashi. However, can nostalgia make your heart waver and your stomach turn into a knot the way Akaashi always does?

It wasn't nostalgia. And it certainly wasn't the mere thought that you only appreciate Akaashi. 

The way you felt for him was something unexplainable. It wasn't as easy as saying hello, and it surely reached beyond the height of something as hard as saying goodbye. 

You sighed, jumping onto the bed. You mentally hoped you wouldn't embarrass yourself today with the boys. 

-

"Oi!" Bokuto waved from the entrance of the fairly huge arcade. It was different from the arcades back in America and this was one of the many things you surely missed about Japan. "Over here!"

"Hi, Bo." You smiled sweetly at him when you and the boys neared him. Bokuto grinned back at you, tilting his head slightly in an adorable manner. Your eyebrows briefly furrowed when you realized someone was missing from the group. "Where's, um, Akaashi...?"