[ 38 ] leaving?

You sat comfortably on the couch with a cup of tea in hand, waiting for your dear Keiji to come back from the store. You two were once again hanging out in your apartment. At this point, you could call it yours and Keiji's apartment, considering he's always here.

Your eyes fixated on the cartoon show that was on the TV screen, still wondering why Keiji hasn't arrived. It had been raining in Tokyo nonstop, so maybe he got caught up in the rain?

Silly Keiji. You always wondered why he'd g to extreme measures for you. He always reminded you that he'd do anything just to make you happy. You loved him more for that.

It was entertaining to see Keiji's emotions switch when he's with other people. When he was with you, he would act all cute and clingy. But in public of with his teammates, he'd put on his normal stoic and bored expression until you arrived home.

Your thoughts of Keiji came to an end when you heard the door's knob turn. Your eyes beamed when you saw Keiji come in the view. "Oh, baby, I'm sorry it took so long. There was an elderly man who'd collapsed in the middle of the street! I had to help him." He informed you, taking off his coat and shoes before heading to you.

He crouched down and gave your nose a little kiss, before heading to the dining room to put away the snacks and drinks he'd bought for the two of you. "It's alright, Keiji. I did miss you." You pouted, putting the cup of tea on the little coffee table in front of you.

Keiji walked back to you, sitting beside you on the couch. "Here," he curtly says. "I bought some onigiri on the way home." and holds up an onigiri for you to bite.

You grinned before taking a bite, thoughts of Osamu dominating your mind knowing onigiri was his favorite. "Mmm." You giggled. "Why does it taste better when you feed me?"

"Whatever, Y/n." He rolled his eyes, chuckling, before throwing his arm around your shoulder and pulling you into him so you'd be cuddling. "Say, baby, I was wondering," he started. Both of you now staring at the TV.

You gave him a hummed response, urging him to continue. "Would it be okay to put you as my emergency contact?" His question caught you off-guard and you slightly choke on your saliva. He chuckled, rubbing your back.

"What gave you that idea, Keiji?" You curiously asked, looking up at him. You've only been together for two weeks, and him saying he wanted to put you as his emergency contact was a big deal, even for you.

"I just thought about it when I was helping that old man." He kisses your forehead. "I mean, if I were to get into an accident, I'd want you to be the first person I see when I wake up or something." He shrugs.

You laughed at his reasoning. He surely was adorable in his own way. "Okay, baby. I like the idea of that, too."

-

You chuckled lightly. Why were you suddenly remembering this memory? It felt like it happened months ago. It's ironic, because he really did put you as his emergency contact.

And now here you were, in the hospital, sitting beside his unconscious body, waiting for the doctor to arrive. Kuroo had dropped you off here and before you could even step off his car, you apologized a trillion times. Nevertheless he kept reassuring you that it was okay.