[ 13 ] Bokuto's plan

You sat on the bench outside the boys' volleyball gym, just like every other day. You were on your laptop, editing some photos you thought were the best from the week-long volleyball training the boys had.

The boys were currently gathered at the back of the school yard, eating and barbecuing along with the other teams. You didn't want to seem like a killjoy, so you stayed near their main gym — also because you wanted to avoid Akaashi.

"Y/nieee~" the voice of Bokuto cooed, calling out to you as he walked in a funny way, bringing a cup of juice in his right hand and in his left was a paper plate of food. Behind him trailed Kuroo, Kenma, and Lev. "I brought you food! You need to eat, you're getting skinny!"

Lev nodded berserkly, agreeing with Bokuto as he jumped up in front of the poor girl, feeding you some meat. "Meat is healthy!"

"Oi," called Kuroo. "You can't just shove food in her mouth. She might choke, you idiot."

You only smiled, chewing the piece of meat Lev shoved in your mouth. Although Lev's personality was quite annoying at times, he was very caring and surprisingly blunt. You fairly enjoyed the time you spent with Lev, and somehow you adapted his bluntness. His smile was very contagious that if anyone caught you with him, they'd assume you two were a thing. You giggled at how Bokuto approved of Lev's actions, immediately flumping down beside you and brought the plate near your face. "Eat." He ordered.

You rolled your eyes, swallowing the food in your mouth and putting your laptop on the bench. "You don't have to feed me, Bokuto-san." You took the plate from his hands, and started eating, quietly thanking him for bringing food for you.

"Why didn't you gather back there with us, L/n?" Kuroo asked, crouching on the ground while looking up at you munching down on the food. He gave you a minute to swallow your food before you could answer.

"I don't like crowded places very much." You shook your head. You knew you were lying to yourself. The only main reason why you didn't want to go there was to avoid Akaashi and avoid the coming awkward moment between you two. If only you hadn't kissed his cheek so suddenly...

"Understandable. Kenma's the same way." Kuroo shrugged, nudging Kenma with his elbow as Kenma glared at him for disrupting his game.

The four of you (Kuroo, Lev, Bokuto, and you) continued conversing, with Kenma ocassionally dropping his opinions on your topics before shutting up and focusing on his game again.

You couldn't deny that this week was fun. You met countless other players, and each of them were very skilled. A few guys had noticed you, but none of them were bold enough to make a move on you — except Kuroo, of course. You still couldn't understand why Kuroo was so consistent in asking you out when you clearly said no, almost a thousand times. You still brush it off. Besides, he was fun to be with.

To no one's shock, Bokuto had long planned this. Even before the training camp, he asked his bro — Kuroo, to hit on you when they arrived at Fukorodani Academy, in hopes of getting his best friend jealous. Bokuto had informed Kuroo that their pretty boy setter had feelings for you, and he just had to push Akaashi to his limits. He wanted Akaashi to be jealous — so jealous that he'd swallow his nervousness and be bold enough to proclaim his love for L/n Y/n and tell Kuroo to back away. But it didn't seem to work.

Kuroo ended up actually liking you. The way he reacted the first time you met was not a planned-out reaction; he really was stunned by your beauty. But he still remembered the Bro Code and constantly reminded himself that Akaashi had you first.

Meanwhile, in all honesty, Akaashi's blood boiled every time he saw Kuroo's smug little face. He hated every minute you spent with that rooster-looking bed-haired Captain, and he hated how calm you seemed to be with Kuroo. He frowned at the obvious fact that you were never that comfortable with him, yet you were comfortable with a guy you just met. He wondered when the time would come where you and him would be in a close and intimate relationship. He understood he still had to wait, but a year was long enough, was it not? Besides, he already knew you had feelings for him. Why can't he just come up to you and kiss you right on spot?

Cause he was afraid you'd be uncomfortable and push him away or slap his face, or worse — you'd never talk to him again.

"L/n, why are you laughing?" Kuroo pouted, crossing his arms and whining.

You couldn't stop laughing from Kuroo's sad attempt of a pickup line. While you were talking, he cut you off mid-sentence just for him to say, "Can I have your number? I lost mine." And with that you burst out laughing.

You wiped a tear that was starting to fall on your cheek, inhaling deeply and exhaling one last time before turning to Kuroo and patting his head. "That's the hundredth time you asked for my number this week. I'll give it an 8/10 for creativity. You lost 2 points cause it wasn't original."

Kuroo huffed. "S-sure it is!"

"It's literally in the top 50 cheesiest pickup lines on google." You laughed once more, clutching onto your stomach.

"So you searched for it then, L/n-san?" Lev laughed at you exposing yourself. You groaned, but smiled anyway. You know you'll miss these crackheads.

You walked back to the school yard together, with Kuroo's arm draped around your shoulders. He talked to you about how passionate he was about volleyball; how he loved every minute of playing it and how he wouldn't trade his skills for the world. You smile gently at him, looking at how genuine he was. You couldn't help but laugh.

From the corner of Akaashi's eyes, he saw you and Kuroo laughing together with his arm around you. He felt his blood boil again. Akaashi wasn't the jealous type but somehow he seemed so angry seeing you with Kuroo. He calmly yet firmly made his way to the two of you, glaring at Kuroo before speaking to you. "Don't go home without me, L/n." He simply says, and walks away.

Bokuto grinned. His plan worked after all — minus the part where Akaashi proclaims his undying love for you.