[ 59 ] "Thank you"

Akaashi sat beside your bed - his hands were wrapping your smaller ones as you listened to the doctor informing you about what happened. The twins, Rintarou, and Bokuto were in the room as well.

 "I know this may come of shock to you, seeing as you just woke up from a week-long coma." He started. Clearing his throat and gripping onto his clipboard, he pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose. "L/n-san, you had a terrible miscarriage." 

Your mind went blank, and the hold you had on Akaashi's hands softened. "Due to this tragedy, you had a major internal bleeding which resulted to loss of blood. Your body soon malfunctioned because your lungs had been damaged, which also caused your heart to stop beating."

"If it weren't for Suna-san here giving you his blood, you would have been dead." The doctor gestured to Rintarou from the corner of the room. 

"In other news, you've been recovering quite fine. But I still suggest you stay here for a few more days and let the nurses keep an eye on you. Your organs aren't fully recovered yet. I assume you still have trouble breathing?" The doctor asked, and you idly nodded your head, looking down on your lap that was covered with the blanket. 

"Okay. I'll make sure to tell the nurse's station to give you some antibiotics for the wounds around your stomach, and for the bruises, I'll send in some ice packs." 

You and the boys took turns thanking the doctor, before Osamu escorted him to the door. You were thankful that everyone was here for emotional support, but you didn't think they would have to know about what really happened the night you showed up at Kenma's house this soon.

A great silence fell upon the fairly large room before you finally burst to tears. This was too much. Why couldn't you realize this sooner? Asano was too much. And he had done so many more unspeakable things that mentally, physically, and emotionally broke you. You were so stupid. You were blinded by the comfort of being set for life, and pushed away the fact that you've never been happy in the relationship. When did it come to this? 

You covered your mouth with your hand and quietly gasped for air - your other hand rested below your stomach. "Y/n..." Akaashi put a hand on your shoulder before you purposely moved away. 

"An unborn child.." You whispered. "H-How could he do this to an unborn child?!" 

"Y/n, princess, calm down." Osamu spoke up and walked towards your bed, sitting on the edge of it. "You don't have to worry about him ever again. I promise you." 

Your lower lip quivered and your mind felt hazy again. It wasn't like you wanted to be a mother already - you were still 23 years old, after all. You still had your whole life ahead of you, and there was still so much to do and so many places to go to. It was more of the fact that Asano had given you the child, and had brutally taken them away from you. It was like he had control over every single thing in your body. You hated the feeling. You felt powerless, worthless.

"If it's okay with you, could you tell us what happened?" Atsumu nervously asked. He didn't want to upset you, but he needed you to tell them so he could use it as evidence against Asano.  "It's okay if you don't-"

"No," You said, barely even a whisper. "I'm not going to stand by and let myself get weaker because of him." You pursed your lips, inhaling deeply before looking up at Atsumu.

The boys sat quietly and waited for you to talk. Atsumu had his phone in his pocket and started recording everything, hoping this was enough. "The night of Yachi and Yamaguchi's engagement party, something had... happened." 

You internally panicked. You totally forgot that no one knows what happened between you and Akaashi that night. You'd be okay to tell them but Akaashi was sitting right next to you, and he might find it uncomfortable seeing as what you were about to say was an indirect confession of love towards him. It was too soon for him to know. Hell, he may not even feel the same way. 

"I-I went home and I... I realized Asano wasn't the one I... loved." You swallowed thickly. "He was more of someone who... gave me reassurance of my future. A-And when I told him I wanted to call off the engagement, he threatened me and started beating me up."

"He told me that he'll kill anyone I loved, and if I had my eye on someone, he'll kill them, too. He then... started telling me that I... was no use to him... and that if I left him, I'd come running back to him soon enough... So he let me go." You didn't realize you started sobbing. 

"I-I'm sorry!" You cried out, shocking everyone in the room. "I'm sorry! If I had just stayed 6 years ago, none of this would have happened. None of you would be worrying about me. None of you would be in this position because of me!"

"Now you're just beating yourself up." Rintarou scoffed, looking out the window to hide the fact that he had tears in his eyes. "You had a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, Y/n. And when you got there you felt like you didn't have anyone until that asshole came."

"He seemed like a savior to you. I get that." He furrowed his eyebrows and looked your way. "But that's all in the past now. What's important is that you're here, alive! And far away from that asshole!" He walked towards you and sat on the edge of the bed, right beside Osamu.

"What's important is that you're back home. With us." His voice suddenly turned soft, and he smiled at you. It was evident that he was... genuinely happy. Something he's never felt in a long time. 

"Who knew you'd get so emotional, Rin." Osamu joked, trying to lighten up the mood. It didn't seem to break the connection you had with Rintarou. Your eyes locked with his and you were focused on his beautiful smile. 

"You...you're not mad at me anymore?" You pouted, tears still rolling down your cheeks. Rintarou sighed and got closer to you, wiping away the tears. "I was never mad." He whispered, only for you to hear. 

Out of pure joy, you jumped and wrapped your arms around his neck. He was taken aback by it, but he returned your embrace nonetheless. Akaashi sat there, relieved that you were okay now, although not entirely okay, but okay nonetheless. Even though he wanted to be the one to cheer you up, he realized that it was better if your childhood best friends were the ones being there for you during this rough time. 

Atsumu started blabbering about being left out, and jumped towards the two of you, joining the hug as well as Osamu. Bokuto started bawling his eyes out as well and decided to hug Akaashi, only for Akaashi to reject him (poor Bokuto). 

"C'mere, Bo." You giggled, releasing the three idiots from your embrace and opened your arms for Bokuto to come. He pouted, before happily crashing into your arms. "Y/n's hugs were always the best!" He cried, making you and the rest of the boys laugh. 

You loved this. Somehow, you felt like everything was back to normal. You felt like no harm could ever happen, as long as you were with them. And you were beyond happy being back in their arms again. 

"Got room for one more?" A knock on the door was heard, suddenly revealing Kuroo and a familiar looking orange-haired boy. "Hiroshi!" You gasped. "Mommy!" He dashed towards you, pulling you in for a hug right when you released Bokuto. 

"My, my, you've gotten stronger!" You laughed, before Kuroo scolded the kid for tiring you out. 

You spent the rest of the night with them, listening to the boys' stories throughout the years and even got a slight bashing about Akaashi's ex-girlfriend. You shared laughter just after you shared tears with them. This was everything you could ever ask for. And at the end of the night, before the boys had to leave, two words left your mouth. The only words that could ever express what you were feeling. 

With a tearful eye and bright smile, you let out a breath. "Thank you."