[ 22 ] So this is love...

Short chapter ahead :)

-

You smacked Akaashi's arm, blushing madly at what he had said.

"Idiot! I said you could only call me that when you're i-in love with me!" You crossed your arms, turning your blushing face away from his.

Akaashi chuckled, placing a finger beneath your chin to make you look at him. "I am. I'm in love with you, L/n Y/n. Is it too soon to say that?"

Your breath hitched when he moved his head closer to yours, the tips of your nose touching. The familiar scent of his shampoo ang cologne was intoxicating your nose as you sniffed out his sent. You let out a shaky breath before mustering up the courage and pushing your head to close the gap between you.

Your lips quivered on his soft ones, the familiar feeling of his lips take you back to the night of your first kiss. He briefly brings his face away from yours, breaking your kiss. You hadn't kissed him in so long that you were actually craving for it.

"I'm sorry if it's a handful for you right now. But I have no problem waiting for you to feel the same way." He placed a kiss on your forehead, before pouting. "Now I believe you promised me cuddles before you went off with those three boys this afternoon."

He turned his heel, about to walk away from you, when he felt a hand grab his wrist. He curtly turned back to look at you, your eyes darted down to the floor beneath your feet. "Keiji," you let out a shaky breath which worries Akaashi. You looked up to him, tears streaming down your eyes as you smiled.

"What's wrong, my love?" He was quick to wipe the tears away, cupping your cheeks.

"Again." You shyly whispered. "Could you... say those words again?"

Akaashi smiled at her sweetly. "My love? Or the one where I said I love you?" He caressed her cheek with his thumb.

"The latter." Her eyes looked up at him pleadingly. His chest tightened — has she always been this cute, or was this the first time Akaashi noticed?

Akaashi chuckled under his breath. "I love you." He placed a kiss on her forehead. "I love you." He placed a kiss on her cheek. "I love you." On her other cheek. "I love you." On the tip of her nose. "I love you." On her chin.

He showered her with kisses, making her giggle and blurt out the three words she's been meaning to tell him. "I love you, Keiji."

His eyes widened. He quickly looked at her with an expression she couldn't comprehend herself. He felt his chest tighten. He was extremely happy hearing those words. "You do?" He was now the one looking at her pleadingly. She giggled, nodding her head. "I do."

He hugged her tightly, picking her up and swirling her around. "I love you." He once again repeated. "I love you, Keiji."

-

They made their way to her room getting ready for bed. Excitement filled Akaashi's body, remembering her promise that she'd cuddle with him. He quickly and comfortably laid on the bed, tucking himself in, looking at the door waiting for Y/n to enter.

When she did, his eyes sparkled. "Princess, princess, princess," he chanted, obviously very excited.

Y/n giggled, turning the lights off and getting on the bed beside him. "Why princess? I thought you called me love?" She playfully pouted, lying on his chest as he hovered the blanket over her and he wrapped an arm around her.

"You told me to call you princess when I'm happy," he chuckled, rubbing her back.

They stayed this way the rest of the night, comfortably laying in each other's arms and taking in the blissful breeze of the night coming in through her window. They talked about a lot of things, before they both started to feel the sleepiness take over them.

Akaashi faintly heard Y/n's little snores, making his heart skip a beat. He kissed her forehead, before closing his eyes hoping to catch up with her in dreamland.

"Good night," he whispered, yawning. "I love you, Y/n."