[ 4 ] Friends

It had been a month since you lost your journal. Luckily, yet suspiciously, no rumors were spread about you. No glares from the popular girls, no questions from the boys; absolutely nothing. Your life was as quiet and calm as the days before you had lost your journal. You were happy, surely happy that whoever had found your journal kept quiet, and kept some embarrassing details of your life to themselves.

You focused on your journalism club, given the freedom to photograph and write about anything you choose. You easily chose the boys' volleyball club, seeing as you were good friends with their captain and one of the top aces in the country, Bokuto Koutarou. It would be easy for you to write an article about their team.

You quietly sat across Bokuto and a few feet beside Akaashi, continuing to write down  on your notebook for possible articles to come and for articles you had to proofread. Akaashi was studying, while Bokuto begged for the two's attention. You and Akaashi weren't really "friends," so to speak. You only hang out with Bokuto. But wherever Bokuto is, Akaashi is also.

Akaashi didn't not want to be friends with you. That was the first step to getting into a relationship, anyway! He was excited by the thought but he never mustered up courage to speak to you. He was also still guilty for keeping your journal, though. He did learn some stuff about you.

1. You like sketching, writing and taking photos and you're amazing at all three, seeing as you got in the Journalism club.
2. You had no favorite color. You found all colors vibrant and beautiful, especially when mixed together.
3. You always sleep with your stuffed toy animal, whom you named after your favorite character on a disney cartoon.

He was determined to know more about you, from what your fears are, to your greatest dreams in life. But he didn't want to flip through your journal and read it page to page. The guilt would be too much for him to consume.

"I'm leaving." Huffed Bokuto in annoyance, as you and Akaashi lifted your heads to look at your emotional senior. "You guys aren't paying attention to me! I'll be with Konoha and the others." He gleefully skipped away, leaving you and Akaashi, alone.

On the outside, both of you remained calm and composed. But on the inside, you were screaming. Akaashi had never been left alone with you, nor had he ever been left alone with you this close. You never thought that you would actually be close to Akaashi in your lifetime!

You continued writing on your journal, for more potential topics to write about. Akaashi cleared his throat, as well as the ligering silence that filled the air. You turned to him with a confused face.

"Let's be friends." He said rather bluntly, but it was no problem for you. He knew that, though. He read somewhere in your journal that you appreciated people who are straightforward; people who are otherwise give you anxiety and it stresses you out.

You smiled. "That's rather blunt of you to say, Akaashi." You managed to say without your voice wavering from the fact that the beautiful boy you admired so, was beside you, talking to you.

Akaashi raised an eyebrow. "Is it bad?"

"No!" You exclaimed, flailing your hands in front of his face in panic. "I-I appreciate people who are blunt."

That's 1 point for using your brains, Keiji, he thought to himself.

He nodded his head as a response to what you had said, and extended his arm out, gesturing for a handshake. "Let me introduce myself. I'm Akaashi Keiji."

You giggled, your beautiful voice now recorded into Akaashi's mind. It made his heart flutter. "L/n Y/n. Lovely to meet you." You smiled sweetly, taking his hand and shaking it, and then shortly, letting it go.

The two of you enjoyed the rest of their afternoon together, getting to know each other. Both of you were extremely happy, and tried your best not to show it.

This was the first phase in Akaashi Keiji's master plan for L/n Y/n to fall in love with him. Besides, he knew they were meant to be.