[ 11 ] I dare you

Day 388

I noticed how he slightly cringes whenever Bokuto would uplift himself. He's adorable. I suppose he is the type to keep bad feelings to himself because he doesn't want to disappoint his friends. I adore him. I love how very selfless he is when it comes to Kotarou. It's now been a year since I met him, and I still constantly wonder what it would be like to be loved by him. By Akaashi Keiji. 

I guess I'll never know. 

L/n.

-

Akaashi closes the journal, taking in a deep breath trying to process everything he had read from the journal from day 1 until day 388.

He reviewed everything he had read. In the last 3 months of having L/n Y/n's journal and scanning through it, he was often left confused. Whenever she would pour her heart out in her writing, she would never mention any names. He remembered reading about her best friend, Suna Rintarou, in one of her entries, and he assumed Suna was her lover by the way she described him. Entries like that always kept Akaashi's mind running.

She really is a writer, he thought. She knows how to keep someone's mind chaotic.

But this entry. This confirms it all. L/n Y/n was in love with Akaashi Keiji.

"Akaashi-san." The blonde-haired beanstalk called out to him, disrupting him from his train of thought.

Akaashi looks up to Tsukishima Kei, as he sat down beside Akaashi, wiping off sweat from his forehead. "You seem very distracted."

The older guy shook his head, drinking from his water bottle and looking up at the bleachers where you sat with Bokuto, annoying you while you edited some of the pictures you took during their practice matches. "I just have a lot on my mind."

Tsukishima nods, not wanting to pry into his thoughts. He must say, he was interested in what Akaashi was thinking about. Nothing ever bothered him very much, but observing the look on his face, Tsukishima felt as if whatever he was thinking about was really important to him.

It was. Still is.

He was thinking back to the night he reached the last entry of your diary. He assumed that the reason why you placed number of days instead of an actual date, was to remind yourself of how long you had been writing. It was pretty interesting to say the least.

You scurried off to the kitchen helping the other managers prepare meals for the Fukorodani team as well as the other teams that had been invited. You promised you wouldn't be a burden, since you were sleeping in campus as well. You had to take photos of Fukurodani's practice matches everyday and had to pick the best ones for your Sports Article, thus the reason you had to sleep there.

You all ate supper together in the large cafeteria, and honestly, the entertainment each and every one of the players, managers, and coaches had was Kuroo Tetsuro from Nekoma trying to hit on you. He flirted with you again and again, despite the fact that you kept turning him down with shy, yet blunt answers. He even freely let himself sit beside you who sat with the other managers, meaning he was the only guy on their table. This made the managers blush and become shy, everyone except Shimizu Kiyoko of course. She remained neutral.

When supper ended, Bokuto had invited you to Gym 3 for a little game. He didn't tell you what kind, though, but you agreed. Bokuto was actually scheming on something. He wanted to corner you into confessing your feelings for Akaashi, in which Bokuto had known for some time now.

Akaashi, on the other hand, wasn't at all pleased with everything that was happening. Witnessing Kuroo flirt with you made his blood boil. Not to mention Lev trying to get your number. It annoyed him so much.

What annoyed him even more was when they all sat in a circle in Gym 3, your phone went off even before they started their "game." And you answered it with a "Hi, bubs," quickly excusing yourself for a moment.

Who the hell was bubs? Isn't that supposedly a nickname you call your significant other or something?

Questions ran through Akaashi's mind once more. Questions he wanted to ask you, but clearly couldn't. Like, for the past 388 days, was he the one you referred to and wrote about in your diary? If he asked you that, you'd definitely know your diary was with him. Did you even have feelings for Akaashi, still? It had been two months since your last entry on your diary, and to Akaashi, that was long enough for you to move on and find someone new. It would be easier, considering you were never in some type of relationship.

"Let's play!" Bokuto exclaimed, bringing Akaashi's mind that was floating around, back to reality. He hadn't even noticed you walk back in and sit in an Indian seat in front of him.

Bokuto suggested they play Truth or Dare, which was boring but at the same time exciting. The boys had a choice to either pry into your mind if you chose truth, or give you hard dares. The group huddled in a circle in the middle of the gym consisted of Bokuto, Kuroo, you, Akaashi, Kenma, Konoha, Tsukishima, and Lev.

Bokuto spun the bottle in front of him and it landed on Kuroo, making Bokuto laugh hysterically. "Truth or dare?!" He exclaimed, earning a groan from Kuroo.

"Truth."

"What was the most embarrassing thing that happened to you?" Bokuto taunted Kuroo.

This went on after Kuroo replied honestly. Bokuto would spin the bottle and it would land on one of them, but not the one he was expecting. Finally, the bottle landed on your small frame. Even with Kenma there (he was the smallest compared to all the guys there), you still appeared the most fragile and small.

Bokuto grinned widely. He was sure you would pick dare. "Y/n, truth or dare?" He asked menacingly, it was now your turn to be taunted.

Your heart raced. You felt as if he had something planned, and to your dismay, he did. "T-truth." You stuttered, your fingers now fidgeting.

Bokuto wasn't expecting that, but he did have a good question for you. "Do you have feelings for anyone?" He grinned.

Your eyes widened, making you rethink your decision. "Never mind. I pick dare." You rolled your eyes, hiding the fact that you were nervous as hell.

Now this was what Bokuto prepared for. He jumped from where he was seated, pointing at you accusingly with a mischievous grin. "I dare you to kiss the person you think is most attractive in this room."