Chapter 52 // "Calling New York home?"

Chapter fifty-two; "Calling New York home?"
・・✿・・

Chapter fifty-two; "Calling New York home?"・・✿・・

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

・・✿・・

To be frank, not much has changed lately.

Nate and I continue to hang out as if nothing happened, which was good news for everyone– including Dan. Except now, there were more boundaries. Such as other relationships, privacy, no more over sharing. Other than that, we remained close.

Today, he invited me over to watch Tripp's rehearsal wedding. As much as I dislike his cousin, Nate still felt uncomfortable with his family and asked for some support. I tried to get Dan to come with me, but he said he couldn't handle anymore of his family.

I walked into Dan's loft, after bumping into Rufus when he was leaving, and saw Colton sitting down with Jenny at the counter.

"When did you get here?" I thought he was still in his room, studying for his math midterm.

"Jenny asked for help on her project so I left while you were sleeping. Rufus also said he had leftover pancakes."

"Don't pretend you don't act like you live here," Dan said while handing me a ready mug of coffee.

"Don't pretend you don't treat me like I do," I took sip and smiled, "are you ready to go to the rehearsal?"

"Why do you insist on going?"

"Nate asked!" I exclaimed, "and I already said I would go."

"I mean, if you don't wanna go– you shouldn't," Jenny said.

"That just gives Tripp all the more reason to turn the whole family against me," I groaned, "and with all the scandals getting posted, I'm surprised his grandfather hasn't said anything to me."

There were several more articles following the initial one posted on the night of the opera show. They were spread out– one each week that went by. Although the articles were repetitive, some found creative ways. For one, they found a girl that resembled me who was on a date with Leonardo Dicaprio. Another, where I was partying all night with Lindsey Lohan. Somehow they found out about Jacob and I's past relationship.

Social life wasn't looking too good for me anymore.

The "It" girl status on me was taken away when those articles were posted. Gossip girl reclaimed it for Serena. Not that it affected me much other than seeing less copies of myself on campus.

"Aren't you going to find out who outed you to the magazines? I know I'd be curious," Jenny asked, "you're acting like this is normal."

"I'm a shitty person. This is my karma," I shrugged it off, "I know it's not anyone here. These stories would just go straight to gossip girl, so it's definitely someone I know from the past. I've pissed a lot of people off back then."