Chapter 29 // "You can trust me."

Chapter twenty-nine; "You can trust me."
・・✿・・

" ・・✿・・

・・✿・・

While Riley was off finding true herself in the "Universe," Mika was attending to her day tasks.

The truth was Mika wasn't here to cheer up Riley in midst of recent tragedies, she was here to protect her. That meant anyone that was a harm to her was a threat. And that was everyone.

Mika walked into Riley's room, scanning the complete pigsty of a place. Whenever her friend's mind would go off the trails, her room would be a reflection.

It's all Nate's fault, of course, she thought to herself. Another boy tearing you apart as I watch but this time.. I'm going to do something about him.

She picked up the letter that was placed on the dresser. Riley always left important paperwork on the nearest desk by the exit. Upon reading it, Mika rolled her eyes at the words. It wasn't a love letter to Blair, but an emotional essay for the SAT.

An only child caught in the middle of his parents, she scoffed at the main idea. Then he'll meet a girl, who he'll fall madly in love with and drag her to his downfall. Yeah, I've heard that one before.

The letter was held tightly in her hand as she exited out of the room and into the streets of New York. She was headed to the coffee shop where Vanessa was working, she hoped the girl was on shift too.

And she was. As if a home school student had anything else to do with their life.

"Hey.. Mika, right?" Vanessa pointed at her when she walked through the doors, "I didn't get a chance to talk to you last time. I'm sorry."

"It's fine. People have to do what they have to do," Mika shrugged her shoulders, "I was actually here to ask you a favor. I mean, I know we don't know each other personally.. But I'm not too fond of Riley's friends. Except Dan, but he's not exactly in his head right now."

"Yeah, he's been busy chasing Serena. And being caught up in the elite drama," Vanessa sadly looked down, "Anyways, what was it?"

"I'm pretty busy. Trying to catch up on transfer work and helping Riley with the SAT and all. I heard Nate gave Dan some practice books. Turns out that Riley found this personal letter jammed in between sheets."

Mika pulled out the piece of paper from her pocket and placed it onto the counter.

"Then why doesn't she give it to him?"

"Because she doesn't wanna talk to him," Mika pursed her lips, "Dan's probably got you filled in with the drama you hate so much.. Yet I know it still interests you."

Vanessa smirked, she knew that Mika was right. She didn't want to admit it though.

"That doesn't mean she won't try to. I've seen the way Riley cares for Nate. In fact, it's one of the only reason why she's the most tolerable elitist."