Chapter 4 // "I need a therapist."

Chapter four; "I need a therapist."
・・✿・・

" ・・✿・・

・・✿・・

"UGHHHH!"

I let out an obnoxious groan as I stretched out of my bed. It was finally Saturday morning and I couldn't wait to just have a relaxing day. However, in the amidst of tightening up my bed, an empty feeling began to rise in my chest.

"Oh shit."

Being stupid, I fell asleep without charging my phone last night, so I missed calls and messages.

"Come on! Turn on!" I yelled at the stupid device, "why is your life span like 2 hours!?"

Serena's name popped up on my screen about five times and the empty feeling began to change into guilt. I instantly called her and surprisingly she answered right away.

"Hey Riley, is everything alright? You weren't answering your phone last night or this morning," she said in a calm voice.

"Yeah, shit. I'm sorry, I have this thing where I just fall asleep and forget all of my responsibilities. My phone died and I couldn't get the messages. What's the plan for today?"

"Actually I had to improvise. My mom bought me a dress to attend Blair's party. But I told her I was going to a concert with this guy named Dan— who totally saved my ass," she sighed, "if anything you can come with us."

I squinted my eyes, was it the same Dan I met yesterday? There are a lot Dan's out there. And Lucas's.

"No, I don't want to interrupt your date," I laughed, "I'll just be home if you need me. My phone will be charged and on, by the way."

With that line, I hung up and began to clean my room. Organizing and cleaning gave me a sense of control that I never have, so I try to do my best to clean up after myself. After doing so and eating breakfast, I decided I should reply to Mika. She was my best friend, after all, you shouldn't leave them without an explanation.

"You! You fucking ruined my life you evil bitch!"

"You think you can hide under all of that fake perfection and hard money, you don't deserve any of it!"

"I'll get out of here and I'll FUCKING KILL YOU!"

"Oh my god," I sighed and rubbed my forehead. My mind loves to bring out the memories I try to repress.

Slowly, but surely, I got over it and sent her an explanation as well as an half-assed apology. I didn't want to deal with any of it anymore.

It was getting really boring in the house, so I got dressed and headed to central park. Hayden has personal drivers, I guess I didn't need to get a license any time soon.