Chapter 27 // "The older guy?"

Chapter twenty-seven; "The older guy?"
・・✿・・

Chapter twenty-seven; "The older guy?" ・・✿・・

・・✿・・

Who is this?

That was the last text I sent before the hours of waiting for a reply and before seeing the latest news of Serena. Gossip Girl posted a picture of Miss Van Der Woodsen shopping for pregnancy tests at the nearest drug store.

"Serena's pregnant!?" Hayden busted into my room with her phone, "Riley– we need to get your STD prevention shots now."

"I-I haven't been having sex."

"No, but this is Manhattan and many things lead to another thing," She sighed, "I'll set up an appointment for you."

I rolled my eyes, "maybe it's just a pregnancy scare for her. Or I don't know, maybe she's doing it for a friend. Blair?"

I started to feel a little anxious; she can either have a mini-Chuck or a mini-Nate. In other words, a mini-devil or a mini-angel.

"You should call up her boyfriend," Hayden sighed, "her boyfriends."

"I'll call her," I started to dial her number, "and I hope I'm right." 

On the third ring, she picked up, "Riley. I'm not pregnant, okay?"

"Thank goodness," I sighed and smirked at Hayden while grabbing my backpack for school, "if not you then–"

"They were for Blair," Serena whispered into the phone, "and I actually have to go talk to her right now. She told me she was late on her period and she's acting all hormonal–"

"Blair always acts hormonal."

"Not like this–I'll see you at school, okay?"

She hung up the line and I shoved the device in my pocket. As Jones was taking me to school, I thought about the text messages again.

If I were my old self, I'd send that tape in no time. No hesitation, no second-thoughts; just send the tape and be on my way to self-destruction.

Thankfully, I appreciate Nate and I's friendship and decided to give to Blair, who was scared shitless over her mistake. And force my mind to focus on other things– such as the buzz-cut haired boy waiting in front of the school for me.

"Do you want it to be a boy or a girl?" I joked as we took a seat on the nearby bench.

Dan chuckled at me, "it wasn't for her apparently. She didn't tell me anything else, but hey– at least I'm not going to end up on 16 and Pregnant."

"If you did happen to have children, one would be reading literature before it could say the world mama," we started to laugh together.

I noticed that people were sneaking glances at him– or me– and knitting their eyebrows in confusion.