Chapter 13 // "We're not looking at butts today."

Chapter thirteen; "We're not looking at butts today."
・・✿・・

" ・・✿・・

・・✿・・

"Dear Riley,

It's almost been four months since we've last talked. I see that you changed your phone number. Maybe because you were stupid and some how found a way to break your phone. Or maybe I'm just hoping you didn't change it because of my constant calls and messages. Your parents and brother act weird whenever I mention you, they just change the subject and move on. Everyone believes that you're still an all-girls school in Australia for piano, but I know it's a lie. You'd never leave me like this for anything. We've been best friends since they day we were born, why can't you just talk to me? My parents don't even know what's wrong. I miss you, please, please get back to me.

I love you,
Mika Park."

Tears started to form in my eyes as I read the final words of my best friend's letter. Hayden said it was personally delivered to her by Mika's cousin, telling him to give this to me if he knew where I was. He tried to convince me to call Mika and allow her to fly in, but I couldn't face her.

While I was dating Kai, I started to ignore Mika and drift away from our friendship. At first, she was fine, it was just a beginner's phase to a relationship.

However, as months turned into a year, she began to question the stability of the two us. She finally confronted me, going off on how much I've changed because of him. Moreover, telling me how she didn't trust him. Mika give numerous details and even made a powerpoint of why I should break up with Kai, but I never listened.

I never listened and she was right– I should've trusted my best friend's instincts. Probably the main reason as to why I couldn't face her is that I hated being told "I told you so." It's a line that Mika and I use on each other all the time, with me being on the receiving end mostly.

Nevertheless, I planned to fly back to California over break. Hopefully by that time, I'll have enough courage to look at her at least. And although she may be incredibly competitive with being right, she's also the most forgiving person in the world. She won "most likely to forgive" in middle school.

It's disappointing to say that Mika's worry was the least of my concerns right now. Blair ended up staying over, ranting about life, listening to my advice and in exchanged she told me about what Chuck said to her.

"Chuck was the one that convinced me you were trying to steal my life and I believed him. Obviously a mistake but I really was killing two girls with one Gossip Girl blast."

She helped set Chuck up, telling him to meet at the bar of the Palace Hotel, when in actuality I was going to meet him. Jones dropped me off at the end of the street and I walked toward's the devil's chamber.