author's note // "thank you and goodbye."

Hi!! If you're reading this then you've reached the end of "New Girl" a Nate Archibald fanfiction.

I can't thank you all enough for the amount of support you've given me while I write this story. I read each and every one of your comments, taking every compliment to heart.

Your feedback has always given me inspiration to finish the story and write it in the best way possible. I've started this story in 2018 and finally finished in 2020.

Thank you for staying with me through the long hiatus and sticking until the end. I'm sure it wasn't easy for you to not see updates everyday, but I'm still very thankful. It means a lot to me (even if it is just fiction).

I had so much fun writing this! From Riley's journey as a character to all the arc's and scripting. I feel sad saying goodbye to this book, as well as to all the characters in it.

Actually LOTS of changes were made to this book lol. This wasn't the original storyline at all. And since it has ended, I'll list a few things that were drafted and deleted:

–Originally it was going to be a love triangle between Nate, Riley, and Chuck.
–It was suppose to be separated into three narratives. The first was Riley's point of view, then Nate's and then Chuck. The finale was her choosing between them before she left for university.
–Riley was going to fall back in love with Chuck again, but I decided against that.
–Riley was suppose to be a mean girl with a character so unbearable that I couldn't even stand her. Because of this I changed it.
–Dan and Riley weren't going to be a "thing" but I had to set up a precedent for the sequel (OOP-)
–Since there was a sequel in the plan, the original ending of this book was Riley leaving for New York. But when she realizes that music wasn't what she wanted, she quit school and travels the world trying to solve her identity crisis.
–^ Because of this, she and Nate have a bad breakup and she doesn't come back until season 5 of gossip girl.

Yes, I was planning to make a sequel! However it took me so long to make the first book, I'm not sure if I can do a second and put readers through more hiatuses and long waits, its not fair anyone.

Nonetheless, please continue to read other Nate Archibald or gossip girl stories. The authors would appreciate your time and support as much as I did.

I wish nothing but happiness and good for you all. Thank you and goodbye ❤️