Chapter 8 // "Having fun with the brunch club?"

Chapter Eight: "Having fun with the brunch club?"
・・✿・・

Chapter Eight: "Having fun with the brunch club?" ・・✿・・

・・✿・・

"We're early so that gives you enough time to pull yourself together."

I tugged my dress down as Hayden lectured me in the car– Rose warned me to be ready by the time my sister came back from Boston, but I was still touching up my hair when she yelled at me from downstairs. Now she was upset that we were only a few seconds late.

The driver pulled over towards the curb to let us out, my feet were already tired from the brown heels and the purse I had to carry around was getting in my way. Hayden started to lead the way towards the hotel brunch was held at, but there was a familiar figure standing near the gate.

"I'm gonna catch up to you later, okay?" I waved her off and walked towards Nate who was holding a small blunt in his hand.

"Nate," I smiled and moved my hair out of my face.

He coughed at the sight of me and hid the bud behind his back as if I didn't catch on.

"I already saw that and the first day we met you dropped some in front of me."

He laughed and took it back out, taking another breath, "you look really good."

"Thanks," I tried not to smile as much, "there's actually something I want to tell you before anything–"

Last night after doing some research on Chuck Bass, I realized that it was better to tell Serena, him and maybe even Dan so matters wouldn't become worse.

Then I realized he was stoned and probably isn't in the right mindset, "never mind. I think I'll say it later."

"No, Riley it's fine," he threw the cig on the ground and stepped on it, "what is it?"

Dan interrupted our conversation after he walked back outside and saw us talking, "Riley– oh, you're talking to him. Uhh–"

His hand met the back of his neck, "Nate, what did you need to talk to Serena about?"

He looked at me and shook his head, "nothing. Just in the neighborhood, you?"

"I.. am nowhere near the neighborhood but I'm working on a better excuse."

"You guys like.." I referred to Dan and Serena's intimate relationship.

Dan started to shake his head, "I-I... I don't know."

Nate rolled his eyes, "with Serena you'll never know."

What was that suppose to mean? I asked myself and started to second guess trusting her with what I was going to say.

"Nathanial. What are you doing?"

Chuck walked into the scene with an a green cardigan, buttoned-collared top, and sunglasses; an absolute mess even if he was trying to dress up.