Chapter 40 // "A very fake one."

Chapter forty; "A very fake one."
・・✿・・

" ・・✿・・

・・✿・・

"And the next thing you know, my hair is starting to fall out and I run away, embarrassed over what happened. Get into the cab and cry all the way home!"

I was cutting Mika's hair right now while listening to what she had to tell me. Earlier tonight, she went to SPK with Dan for a date. Long story short, Serena ended up coming to try and interrupt them, then assisted in a plan to blacklist Mika– by throwing something into her hair that made it fall out.

"It just doesn't sound like something she would do.." I held my doubts on her actions. Although Serena had a terrible past, that didn't define who she was now. All the talks we've had with each other doesn't add up to this.

"Then why is my hair falling out? And why'd she have to show up when it happened?" She sighed at the trimmed ends at the floor, "it's not going to be long anymore, is it?"

"Well, at least they had some empathy. They didn't throw it on your scalp," I continue to make the her hair even, "and she didn't make you bald."

"That is the worst thing to happen to me.. In front of all those people."

But it was wrong to hold hope for someone. If you put such heavy expectations on a person, you'll only end up crushed in the end. I should of known better than to trust Serena van der woodsen. Yet, I can't escape her just yet. She happened to be Chuck's step-sister too, as well as Eric's biological sister. I'd have to still be nice to her– doesn't mean I need to like her.

"Okay. You look good! You look pretty," I revealed the final master piece. Her long hair that reached mid-back was now cut to the length of her ear. She was disappointed in how short it looked, but shrugged her shoulders.

"Whatever. Like you said– I'm glad I'm not bald."

I frowned a little and placed my hand on her shoulder, "Mika, I'm sorry that this happened to you. I feel like I made this possible somehow–"

"No, it was all Serena and jealous, super egoistic personality," she shook her head and stood up to help clean the mess, "if there's any to blame, it's only her and the nasty girls she was with."

"What I can do is just talk to Dan and her about it as soon as possible. Make sure it doesn't happen again."

"I doubt it. Thanks for the effort anyways. I'm actually gonna take a bath and do some face masks right now," Mika slightly smiled.

"Okay," I nodded my head and left to my room so she can have some personal space. I pulled out my phone to call Serena, but she didn't answer– not surprised. Then I phoned Dan, who picked up right away.

"Riley–"

"I wish I could yell at you right now, but I know you didn't have anything to do with it. If I do sound like I'm angry– I am."