Chapter 57// "Dead end."

Chapter fifty-seven; "Dead end."
・・✿・・

"・・✿・・

・・✿・・

"I can't believe this. I can't believe my half brother is the guy I saved Nate from when he was about to be robbed!"

Last night upon discovering our extended family tree, we called it a night and decided to talk in the morning. We were still in awe over the news as we ate our pancakes for breakfast. Tried to eat– we had lost most of our appetite.

"Okay, well this can destroy Mom's life. And Dad's. Lydia's, Carter's, Gregory," Hayden went on with the list, "we're met with another double edged sword."

"Should we talk to Carter about this?" Colton asked, "maybe.. since he's from here and knows his family well, then he can help us."

"I know you badly wanna meet your big brother, but Carter doesn't even know who we are yet. I don't think he's willing to get into our family drama right away," Hayden rested her elbows on the table, "I say confront Mom about this. Get her on record and I'll take it to my friends at the Post."

"I don't want to hurt the Baizen family in any way but we've run out of options," I sighed loudly, "everyone sacrifices a little something."

"Not willingly," Colton commented, "maybe there's another way to only put the blame on Mom?"

"You were planning to unleash all hell on her no matter who got in the way."

"That was before I found out about the half brother. Now I have something to lose."

"Did you not have something to lose before? Like your sisters?"

He shook his head, "I could never lose you guys."

"It's settled then. I'll invite Mom over for dinner and we'll talk it out. If talking includes screaming," Hayden smiled as she got up and walked to her room.

"Maybe tomorrow or if Lydia ever decided to talk to us again, we can spend time with her and Carter. Or you can– by yourself with just them. Since you're the only one fully blood related," I suggest to Colton to try and make him feel better, "I'm sure that Carter will be thrilled that he has a.. another millionaire brother he can steal from."

Colton chuckled and moved over to sit next to me, "that would be nice if we could, but I don't plan on being too close with them. I wished everyday for a better mom, but even my biological Mom left me too so.. I guess all I need are my older sisters."

I smiled and squished his face together, "they're your family still. From what I heard, Lydia didn't want to leave you. She didn't have a choice. I think getting a chance to get to know you is what she wants in the world.. How are you doing with all of this?"

"It's still crazy. I feel like I'm a character in a soap opera. But I'm handling it well.. Eric and Jenny have been helping me."

"What? You're telling them about this?"