Chapter 36// "Are you actually happy with him?"

Chapter thirty-six; "Are you actually happy with him?"
・・✿・・

Chapter thirty-six; "Are you actually happy with him?" ・・✿・・

・・✿・・

As summer comes to an end, I'd like to share a few things I've learned about fun in the sun. "Gossip Girl's Guide to Summer," tip number one– don't fall asleep on the job. The best hookups are free of morning breath and awkward conversations. The only thing harder than making up is waking up.

I was woken by Jacob's voice–he was on the phone again and he sighed after their call ended. When he saw my eyes open, he came by to kiss my forehead.

"Good morning. I probably woke you up," he took a seat next to me on the bed.

"You did. Who are you always calling?" I glanced at the clock to see that it was only nine in the morning. It may be late to him, but I always slept in until noon.

"My parents. Even if their son is 24-years-old, they act like I'm four. They're just checking in on me."

"Do they also call you Marcos? Or is it Jacob? I heard Catherine call you by another name," I was distracted by last night that this inconvenience slipped my mind.

"Marcos. If you need to know, I changed it to Jacob because there was just too much bad blood on my real name. I wanted to start fresh."

"Hm.. If I had to run away again, what should I name myself?"

"You look like an Elena," Jacob smiled before getting up from the bed. He had plans to meet an old friend of his in the city, he hadn't been able to meet up with him since vacation started.

Tip number 2– there is no "we" in summer, only "u" and "me." Find out where you stand before you find yourself stood up. Anyone can canoodle in July and August, but will he be gone by September?

"Really? An Elena?" I frowned at the name, I was expecting something different. I was just too used to the name I had, "and do you have to leave so early?" I slumped back into the bed and covered my face.

"His time, not mine," he laughed while getting ready to leave, "I wasn't even suppose to spend the night. But–" Jacob looked at his phone, "my cab is here and I will see you tomorrow." He gave me one last kiss before leaving.

I watched him walk out the door with his stuff, thinking back to our conversation last night. He was quite honest, from what it seemed, but I still had a feeling that something was wrong. I needed to decide now if what we have is worth it or I'm just setting myself up for danger.

Not wanting to be alone with my thoughts, I got up to take a shower so I could get ready for the day. Thankfully, Eric was still in the neighborhood and I was going to ask him to hangout. After putting on a skirt and lightweight outfit, I rode my bike to the Van der woodsen's to talk to him.