Chapter 56// "CRAZY BITCH!"

Chapter fifty-six; "CRAZY BITCH!"
・・✿・・

Chapter fifty-six; "CRAZY BITCH!" ・・✿・・

・・✿・・

"Hold on, wait– ugh–"

Colton got up from his seat to pace around the room, "so there are four of us?"

"Three and a half. Considering you're Lydia's son," Hayden joked lightly, but no one cracked a smile, "okay, dealing with emotions is not my strong suit. I will go talk to a few people and get this on headlines."

"Shouldn't we crack the whole case before we go ahead on this?" Nate asked, "because if your mom's as smart as you say she is, then inviting Lydia here was already a yellow flag. Having this posted the day of will raise even more concerns."

"He's right. It's too risky and it would be more impactful if we have the whole truth," I agreed with Nate, "so I guess what we need to do next is a DNA test."

"Now?" Colton widened his eyes, "Riley. My head is about to explode."

"We need this right away before Mom catches onto us. Being paranoid will save us," I stood up.

"Results take days to come in so we can't really do this right away," Hayden clarified, "what we need to do is confront them. Get the whole truth before releasing it to the press. And when we do leak it, we should all be at a public event so I can see the shame on Mom's face."

"The White party is in a couple of days. The charity event that's always hosted?" Nate suggested, "I think that gives us more than enough time."

"So.. corner Lydia. Gaslight Dad into confessing his awful affair and humiliate Mom in front of everyone," I furrowed my eyebrows, "this makes us sound like horrible people."

"Well we come from horrible families. What to expect?" Hayden placed her hands on her hip, "Riley you'll invite Lydia for tea tomorrow and I'll try to get to Dad."

Hayden walked to her room to change as I turned to Colton to make sure he was alright. He wasn't. But I should at least make sure he is.

"A lot has happened in less than 24 hours," I rested my hand on his shoulder and gave him a reassuring smile, "I'm sorry. It's all overwhelming and shocking–"

"Yeah, I knew our family was hiding something. Just thought it would be their tax papers and not my birth certificate," Colton shook his head, "I guess that explains Mom's detachment with me."

"Good thing she's not your mom so.. you can stop calling her that. Colton, please don't think you're any less of family because of this."

"I'm not. I'm just taking it all in," he smiled and hugged me, "I'm okay. Thanks for making sure. And thank you, Nate, for being here. You deserve a hug too."

He pulled Nate in for a group hug and exhaled loudly, "I'll talk to Dad while you go with Lydia. I wanna hear it from him. I need to be by myself for now."