Chapter 37 // "Looks can be deceiving."

Chapter thirty-seven; "Looks can be deceiving"
・・✿・・

Chapter thirty-seven; "Looks can be deceiving" ・・✿・・

・・✿・・

"Hey– I think I'm gonna go find Serena," Riley looked over at Dan's table and noticed the blonde gone, "I should make sure she's okay."

"We'll be here," Mika smiled. Riley got up quickly towards the exit to where Chuck and Nate were.

As she left the building to not check on her friend, Mika sparked a conversation with Vanessa, who was sitting at their table with them.

"Official yet?"

She smiled, "yeah. It seems like everyone's questioning that."

"I guess real relationships don't last around here. Can't blame them– there are a lot of people to choose from," Mika joked, "how is it between you two?"

"As much as you can expect," Vanessa shrugged her shoulders, "it's been exciting going together to places. Showing each other the different sides of New York we never knew existed."

"That's cute," Mika awed, "and.. I just wanted to thank you again for handing Nate back his essay. You did a lot for Riley and now she's as happy as ever. I haven't seen her like this in awhile."

"I noticed how much she's been smiling today too," Vanessa laughed, "well if it wasn't for that letter then I wouldn't have met Nate and.. I guess she did me a favor too."

Me too, Mika smirked. Blair came by to talk to the two of them. Trying to tease Vanessa about the pressures of dating an Archibald. Unlucky for Blair, Vanessa wasn't taking anyone else's crap today.

"I just feel sorry for you, is all. Dating an Archibald is a tortured process– the endless supply of family drama, the fact that he never really got over Serena. Though, falling for someone that's in love with Serena– you already know how that feels, don't you?" Blair ended the final insult, "oh, but then he did get over Serena because he found Riley. Then he cheated on me by kissing Riley and ended up just choosing.. you. I think they still like each other though– she's super pretty."

Mika, annoyed at her existence, defended Vanessa with her own mean words; "well, you've found a way to escape that tortured process. By sleeping with his best friend, right? How many times?"

Vanessa failed at suppressing her laugh. Blair scoffed at Mika's remark and rolled her eyes.

"I don't need a temporary friend to come and remind me of what happened on my grounds, okay?"

"Apparently you do. Because you forgot about what you've done. Gossip Girl is a great source for a refresher."

Blair began to feel irritated, "so–"