Chapter 34 // "Rich kids are weird, right?"

Chapter thirty-four; "Rich kids are weird, right?"
・・✿・・

Chapter thirty-four; "Rich kids are weird, right?" ・・✿・・

・・✿・・

Blair and Serena were sitting down in the lawn chairs of Serena's Hampton house. After being ditched by Chuck for their summer vacation plan, she's been sitting around–if not sitting, then shopping– and thinking of only one thing in her life.

Mika Park.

It was disgusting for Blair to even think of her name because she did not want to be associated with such a.. but she had been pondering about why she came so suddenly to New York. Besides wanting to visit her best friend, there must have been something so urgent that forced her to leave everything behind.

The truth was that Blair had seen Mika and Georgina hang out twice before. The first time was after Riley said she was dating Jacob– she and Georgina were eating out for breakfast and Blair passed by after seeing her mother at work. She hid behind a car, watching their expressions for a couple of minutes to finally conclude that they were too comfortable with each other.

The second time was after Georgina got caught by her parents– credits to Blair herself– and Mika was watching her off in the limo. It looked as if they were discussing last minute plans, but Blair couldn't see Georgina because of the tinted windows.

"What are you thinking?" Serena got out of the pool and back onto the lawn chair to dry off, "you look like you're about to kill someone."

"I'm thinking about Mika," Blair crossed her arms over her chest, "there's still something wrong. You haven't even snooped in about her!"

Serena sighed, "I have, like you've told me. There's no dirt that I could find on the internet. Gossip Girl doesn't even pay attention to her. And it's hard to talk to Riley when she's all the way across the country."

Blair stopped listening for a moment to elaborate on her plan. Maybe if she sneaked into Riley's home, into Mika's room, she must have some sort of diary or laptop filled with secrets. That's usually where people rely on for security. She just needed an opening.

"Remember how I was obsessed with Nancy Drew in the third grade?"

"I thought that was Polly Pocket?"

"That was fourth. Anyways, I think we're going to have to play detective here.."

"...Blair, you're scaring me."

"I'm serious, Serena. I'm not gonna stop worrying until I send that girl away from us! She could be plotting our deaths for all I know."

"Okay, but she's Riley's best friend. Don't you think she would know if Mika is dangerous or not? And you can't send her away.. She loves her," Serena thought back to how close the two acted whenever the three of them hung out during lunch.