Chapter 50 // "Ready to fuck you, right?"

Chapter fifty; "Ready to fuck you, right?"
・・✿・・

Chapter fifty; "Ready to fuck you, right?" ・・✿・・

・・✿・・

"I'm sorry, Miss Hayward. We don't have a system where we can check your acceptance status or track your letter. When you receive the letter, there's a code that you input into the our site which allows you to set up your student account and finish your enrollment. Without that code, we're unable to help you at the moment."

"Have a good day. Thank you," I hung up and laid down onto my pillows, "for nothing."

"Maybe give it a couple of days. Mail is probably backed up from all the other letters. Christmas just happened too– they probably have packages to deliver still," Dan came by again this school morning to pick me up, but I refused to go.

I didn't want to see Nate just yet. I wasn't going to talk this over with them at school.

"Are you seriously ditching me to stay home?"

"I'm very tired. I feel sick–" I put my arm over my mouth, pretending to cough.

Dan grabbed one of my throw pillows and launched it at my face, "you need to talk to him, Riley. That's the biggest part of a relationship– communication. Avoiding him is just going to make it worse. And it's good practice for college, when you move miles away."

"But I'm sick–"

"BOO– you whore," he recited the line from "Mean Girls" with a smile, "seriously. You can't hide away, avoid life every time. Imagine how Nate's feeling right now and it's not even his fault. Don't blame it on him."

"I'm not! I'm not blaming anyone," I sighed out of frustration and rolled out of bed, "I'll get ready. Leave my room, now!"

After showering quickly, running around my room gathering my stuff, I managed to get in school on time with Dan. He met up with Serena so that I'd be forced alone and find Nate. I didn't have to do much searching because he was looking through the crowd of students for me.

"Nate–"

"You don't know how happy I am to see you here," Nate placed his hands on my face and laughed with relief , "I thought you booked yourself a ticket to London or something. When you weren't home this morning–"

"You can stop worrying," I inhaled, "I wanna say sorry for last night. The stupid, dramatic exit. Running away when things get hard is all I ever do. It's a difficult habit to crush. And I should've known better than to do that to you. I promised that we'd work together, but I got so panicked–"

"Having your boyfriend's family hate you isn't exactly easy to deal with," Nate shook his head, "I'm lucky that you didn't end things right then and there."

"I'd never! I just.. I don't– I needed time to myself, I guess. But! I can't do that anymore. If facing stuff like this everyday is part of being in love with you– then so be it. I'll take it. It's worth the bullets and arrows."