Chapter 25 // "So basically I'm a mistress."

Chapter twenty-five: "So basically I'm a mistress."
・・✿・・

"・・✿・・

・・✿・・

Nate and I stayed under the stars for another hour; holding hands, laughing– in denial of our kiss. We stopped by the store to buy ice cream before heading back home.

We were out until 1AM, the only person that was still up was Colton. He was waiting to play some video games with Nate.

"Tomorrow's the big day," Nate raised his eyebrows and leaned against the doorframe of Colton's room, "one signature and you're free."

"Finally," I crossed my arms, "thank you for.. everything so far."

"The only things I've done were washing the dishes and kissing you," Nate smiled.

"Well– it did help. If it weren't for you, I'd be sulking in my room with boxes of chocolates."

He chuckled and leaned towards me to kiss my cheek, "good night, Riley."

I walked towards my room with a smile. When my door locked, I started to jump around in celebration.

I kissed Nate Archibald! Nate Archibald kissed back!

This is so great! This is amazing! This–

"OW!" My foot slipped on my rug and I fell onto the floor– hitting my head in the process.

"Ouchh," I groaned while massaging the future bump. Then, I started to burst in a fit of giggles– only because I thought of our kiss again.

If I had known of what would come in the future. But for now, I'll live in the present.

The next morning, my family, Nate, and I woke up early to visit the court house. Since it had to do with privacy, Nate, Colton, and Hayden were asked to stay in a separate room. My parents and I worked through the processing pieces.

I made sure to pay attention to the legal stuff– in short, I remembered what actions to take if Kai ever pulled a publicity stunt, blackmail, or a fine. The rest were for my parents to remember.

After four hours, the judge told us the papers were to be completed by the end of the month. We'd expect a notification mail as well– for now, I was able to return back to New York without any worries.

As I pushed the door open, Nate stood up instantly and walked over to me.

"What happened?"

"All done," I smiled, "I'm coming back to New York tomorrow. The nullification will be done soon. Basically free now."

"Thank god," Nate pulled me into a hug– which made me turn red and shy, "a life free of a crazy ex-boyfriend."

"Yeah," I laughed, "Once we get–"