Chapter 54 // "All that matters is you and I."

Chapter fifty-four; "All that matters is you and I."
・・✿・・

"・・✿・・

・・✿・・

Hayden, Colton and I sat through another family meeting where we decided that we'd try to take down mother without agreeing to her plans. If William or her were to reach out to us about what we're doing, we'd fight fire with fire.

No more running, no more hiding. I was going to deal with this head on. That would take her by surprise more than the initial plan.

Hayden made a break through with her first suspicion. Because our mom is egotistical maniac, we ran back to her career before she had us. Lorelei Lannister had everything.

She had the perfect boyfriend– Alastair Hayward–her fame from her talent as a conductor, her supportive family; the only thing that hindered her happiness was getting pregnant.

That's when it all fell threw. She wasn't able to work anymore because being a mother was already a full time job. Her fame died down and she was just someone's wife.

From my own inference– with every high school plot in a movie– she tried to live through my fame. Her being a musician herself, she was more than ecstatic when she found my talent.

That's all that we got through. We needed to find out a better initiative from her. There had to be another reason as to why she was so possessive.

Actually, that was the only event of importance so far. Back in school, every girl was hustling to be nominated as prom queen. Apparently Constance/St Jude's have never done a prom election, but they changed it this year.

Blair's posters were everywhere, overshadowing anyone else who tried to run. And guess who was running with her?

Nate Archibald.

We haven't talked to each other since I saw Georgina and left. I thought he was giving me space, but I thought I was also giving him some space. Either way, neither of us were going to speak up anytime before prom started.

Gossip girl was shitting on me for leaving the race, as well as making light of how Nate and I broke up. Honestly, I was just waiting for this dance to be over with. It'll be closer to graduation.

In other news, Serena got arrested after trying to catch Poppy in her act. Lily wasn't having any of her daughter's antics and did what "mother knew best." Having been arrest myself, I tried to help Serena. Only having been shut out by Blair and Chuck.

Serena was still in jail, no matter how many times I've called to convince her and let her out– she wanted to prove something to her mom. She wasn't going to prom either if she was doing this.

Which meant that prom was going to be with me and Dan.

Did I mind? Yes. I did.

I don't care about prom, but I did care about going with Nate. It's not happening which sucks, but it is what it is.