Chapter 49// "Riley took Blair's crown."

Chapter forty-nine; "Riley took Blair's crown."
・・✿・・

" ・・✿・・

・・✿・・

Gossip girl here, welcoming you to the New Year. When Manhattanites who flew south for the sun return to their park avenue perches, which means I have a lot of catching up to do. Word is Serena van der woodsen tangoed in the New Year in the plazas of Buenos Aires. Guess that lonely boy was all alone when clock turned 12:00. And what about little J? Rumor is she's given up couture for tartan.

"These are extra from this morning. Fresh out of the oven. We're leaving today, so Derek and I are trying to clear out the leftovers."

"Oh, honey, you're leaving so soon. The kids even got used to you here– they'll be devastated once they wake up."

"I'll miss them too, but this was only a short vacation. Maybe if we don't fly out the country for Spring, we'll certainly come back."

"You're always welcomed here."

I parted ways for Mrs.Willsbery, our neighbor who took care of us over the days. She had been the first to talk to us and helped us adjust to life in a small city.

After arriving in Virginia, Nate and I sat down in the airport to pick our city to live in. We didn't want to live in a popular area or anywhere too secluded. Our final choice was a town called Orange. Since it was named after a color, it convinced us enough to chose it.

We rented a cottage that had a lake of its own on the property with a few wild animals here in there. It came pretty cheap for a rental, the agent said it was because of the deers that scared guests. The distances between the other houses wasn't too long, on one street there were only 4. All of us had our own big area of land, but it didn't stop the neighbors from being friendly.

Our agent understood that it was a vacation house and gave us one that was already furnished. We just needed groceries and toiletries, which was perfectly fine. I used my card for the rent expenses since using cash was too much. But I made sure to use that my parents or siblings didn't know of, so they wouldn't track my transactions. I got it awhile back for when I bought Christmas gifts.

Any other transaction, like buying food at the restaurant or groceries, were by cash. It's a basic tactic used by runaways who don't want to leave any footing behind.

Blair Waldorf has been spotted making inroads at the colony club. With high school nearing its end, has Queen B. found a new social ladder to climb?

Nate made up our whole fake background, telling our neighbors that Derek and Candace were college students from Oregon who had used some of their work money to plan this long awaited vacation. They were almost graduating, both working on a degree for communications, planning to get married soon.