Chapter 6 // "Nate's a great guy."

Chapter Six: "Nate's a great guy."
・・✿・・

" ・・✿・・

・・✿・・

I really didn't wanna go to school.

Like, I really, really did not want to go to school.

Last night, I failed to go to sleep. I took a three hour nap, then I woke up to check Gossip Girl every thirty minutes.

New York was suppose to be the place where I could start over from the life I had before, not begin to make the same mistakes. This wasn't Nate's fault because who knew people were taking pictures of us.

I'm just seriously reconsidering my friendship with him. I like Nate as a friend (maybe more), I like Serena too, but if I'm gonna be pulled into their scandals, it's something that I can't deal with.

This wasn't their fault, I said to myself, it's mine.

"It's your fault. Just say that and I'll be out sooner. Riley? Just say it. Are you listening? Hey—"

My alarm for school rang; apparently I fell asleep after awhile. Jazz and journalism were the only classes for today, so I won't be seeing Blair—hopefully I won't.

"You look.." Hayden started as she saw me trudge down the stairs, "..not good. Do you have the flu?"

I sighed and ate some of the prepared breakfast bowl, there was no energy to reply back.

"Okay.." She cleared her throat, "hormones— I mean, we're gonna be having brunch soon with some important people. It's gonna be next Sunday, so please be not how you are right now."

I furrowed my eyebrows, there's a feeling that "important people" means "rich business investors."

"Whose brunch is it?"

My words were coming out slurred because I couldn't process everything yet. I should just stay home for the day, right?

Hayden smiled, "Bart Bass. Owner of Bass industries like the Empire Hotel. His son is Chuck Bass, pretty well-known, he goes to your school."

"Oh my god," I groaned and rubbed my face, "the Waldorfs, Vanderwoodsens, and Archibalds will be there too?"

She scoffed at my question, "everyone important will be there. Yes, Riley, they are. Why are you acting like this? You would have been so happy."

I almost fired back at her last sentence, but then again, Hayden doesn't know the full truth of everything.

"I'm just tired from school, I stayed up all night finishing an essay," I lied and got up from my seat. I decided to go to school early to wait in my classroom and avoid people.

"Aw, at least you're taking good care of your grades," Hayden sipped her coffee, "just show me the outfit you want to wear and I'll buy it. Don't forget!"