Chapter 22// "I'm Chuck Bass."

Chapter Twenty-two: "I'm Chuck Bass."
・・✿・・

" ・・✿・・

・・✿・・

"He seems like a normal person? I don't get it."

Kai and I were sitting in his attic bedroom for the day. He called me over the phone mentioning someone named Chuck Bass coming to town.

"He's not," Kai took the laptop from my lap and clicked a few keys, "Look at this website– Gossip Girl. They post all of the bad things he's done."

A large sigh escaped my lips as my eyes briefly scanned the screen, "yeah. He seems like every other frat boy at UC Santa Barbara."

"The big difference is that he's a frat boy who has a built-in life and fame. A future that he's not working for or doesn't deserve."

He was up all night researching about the CEO's coming to my family's grand opening in Las Vegas. Not only did my dad want to make a big deal about everything, he wanted to find more connections in the business world. Thus, inviting as many businessmen as possible.

As we started to get closer, Kai has been revealing more parts of himself. I started to see who he truly was inside. Of course, I happy that he started to open up, but I didn't understand this part of him.

The plan was to get close to this guy, Chuck Bass, and gather information on his father's industry to teach them a lesson. I wasn't sure what lesson it was to teach, but when Kai explained it he sounded really moral.

Tomorrow after the opening, I was going to "make a move" on him.

"Wouldn't this be considered cheating? Like what if I kissed him or something happens between us?"

Kai sighed. He sat down next to me and kissed my forehead, "I trust that nothing will happen."

That added ten times more pressure.

This wasn't the first time that he needed help on exposing frauds and liars. Generally, it would feel like we were spies. We'd spend most of our days using the board to make connections with our red yarn strings. Then, influencing them into making the right choice by blackmail. I hate the word, but it's true.

And what did I feel about this? I'm only worried about Kai and I's relationship. I don't want it to fall apart because he's keen on bringing these type of people down.

There are good reasons behind our actions. As we speak, companies are spending time committing embezzlement. Because of Kai's knowledge, I know some of my dad's partners scam dollars out of their low-income customers. It's really shitty.

"Okay, so there's not much time on this one," Kai said, "Chuck is known to be in temporary relationships. Cold-hearted and rude. You're going to have to break though."