22

song:
jungle - cix

DUMB ACT OF COURAGE

Idalia told her plan with ease, making sure to include the small details and reasons as to why she made this plan. After telling him, Minghao didn't have much to say but the demon was feeling opposed to the idea.

It wasn't a bad plan, but Minghao could not see it through. Something about it was offsetting for him, something cringed inside of him.

It was his pride.

The whole plan revolved around him. Everything was about him, something that was so different compared to his whole life. His stubbornness was becoming more apparent as his own pride wouldn't let others fight his own battles.

Although he was stubborn because of his pride, his body tightened when she mentioned her own death. Uncontrollably, he found himself heating up with anger- that uncomfortable feeling twisted inside of him like many times before when he was with her.

So when he spoke after she explained, his words came out, blindsiding her from his response.

"You are not doing that."

His words were stern and blank. Minghao rejected everything the caring angel said. At that moment Minghao found himself turning on a switch inside of him.

He was not going to let her and his friends do this for him. Whether the half-blood would want to admit, his feelings toward them were quite protective but he didn't know how to and didn't want to express himself that way. So he stayed with his harshness.

"Why not?" She pouted, but still determined to convince him. The two were facing each other, her phone still lit with the plan highlighted in depth.

"Because it's stupid," He responded his gaze staying printed on her. "You think you can play hero for me? And it actually works? You're an angel, how do you expect to beat Satan?"

He was deflecting, hoping that his continuous harsh words would make her stray away from the plan.

His words hit her harder than she expected. His having no trust in her made her feel somewhat defeated. Idalia really thought that through all this he would trust her a little.

Just another moment to prove how naive she was.

"Listen, I know this will work," She pleaded, water wanting to line her eyes but she pushed it away, swallowing the sadness she felt.

"I don't believe that you could defeat Satan, and that's it's, so go back to your friends and live the rest of your days," He hissed pointing towards her.

He stood up, scoffing under his breath. He grabbed his bag and left the angel all by herself with her swirling thoughts.

As he left he felt a pang infiltrate his body, and that gravitating feelings towards her resurface, but he pushed through it because, in the end, he didn't want her to die for him.

Idalia sat dumbfounded, as she replayed what just happened, wondering where she went wrong. She felt almost incompetent now, as she stared at the spot he just sat in, the wind breeze picking up.

In the distance stood a tall figure, smirking as his eyes glowed deviously in crimson, taking note of what was just discussed. He watched Idalia's figure hunched over in despair which brought joy to him as he turned around leaving her completely alone.

In the underworld, chaos was rising at the council's table, as many on the committee were feeling anxious about the Blood Moon coming up.

It would be a test for all of them to prove that the council had power over its people. They chattered anxiously as they waited once again for their ruler.

Satan the king of the underworld showed up in time, the door opening in his presence as his wings were flared proudly, the raven feathers almost glittering under the lights of the room.

His image was taunting; with every step he took, it felt as the ground under them shook. His image was magnificent and wealth exuded from it.

He strode over to his chair- it standing elegantly, black velvet on for cushioning and shiny black edges that came to intricate points; resembling a fire.

Sitting down, his wings adjusted to the seat and all eyes were on him, ready for what he had to say. His natural smirk laid on his face and his words slithered out, "How is everything planning out?"

A man three seats down, wearing a sophisticated suit whose eyes were naturally in an orange hue spoke up assertively, "The hellhounds have been alerted to be on standby if things become out of control."

Satan nodded understanding what he had to say as he looked at a particular empress who looked more timid than usual, "Darling, say what's on your mind."

"One of the witches in the Ludic Coven has experienced cunning, she saw a big war happening... the underworld will be in chaos." The empress of the council spoke, her eyes shining in worry, her black dress shining with her.

He clicked his tongue, watching everyone around him anticipate what he had to say, but he was not scared or worried.

"We should not worry, I'm sure no half-blood will survive the Blood Moon and that's final."

"We'll meet again soon, keep with the plan everyone."

He stood up, his wings created a gush of wind as he turned on his heel out of the room, leaving all the council to work out kinks in the plan he created, as well as gossip about all the rumors that were spreading in Hell.

"Some are saying that some angel is involved and that she's somehow special."
"I heard one of the half-bloods is one of Junhui's friends."
"I hope Satan is taking precautions if that's true, who knows what those boys could do."
"Don't underestimate Satan, brother."

Jun teleported down to the underworld once his classes were over, shifting into his demon form. A particular question ran through his head all day and he couldn't help but get angry.

He remembered all his friend's eyes on him earlier and it brought him outrage. No way his own father could've done that to her. He wouldn't play around with death like that.

Opening the door of his home, the extravagant mansion glowed, its aura unmatched. He kicked off his shoes, throwing his bag on the couch in the main room as he walked straight towards his answer to the question he had.

Finally, at the doors of his father's office, he inhaled a deep breath, never feeling as nervous as he did now. He raised his hand in a fist, knocking on the door twice.

After his knocking, he grabbed the silver handle pushing open the door, seeing his father- the ruler of Hell- sitting at his desk looking through something.

"You sent the death call on an angel, didn't you?"

this chapter is alright I guess, been really struggling with where I want these chapters to go

this chapter is alright I guess, been really struggling with where I want these chapters to go. the new cover though!