31

song:
kingdom come - the boyz

FATE

"Jun's dad— Satan killed your mom and tried to kill you. That's what my mom recorded in these books."

The group was quiet, even Seungcheol's face softened looking at the angel with pity swirling in his eyes. It seemed radical and so far off, but it was the truth. Everything connected.

Her world seemed to crash and then plummet. She felt her throat close up, drying in the process. She didn't know how to process everything because it seemed once one thing happened another had hit her quickly before she could comprehend the latter.

"So let's get this straight," Mingyu began, "From the documents Minghao found Satan killed your mom, but why?"

"Her birth certificate said both her parents were deceased, and she was tested as a baby if she was half-blood. Doesn't that mean one of her parents was a demon?" Wonwoo alluded, pitching in his own thoughts.

"It has to be my dad right? My guardians are from my mom's side." Idalia added. Tracing her fingers over the certificate as she spoke.

"Okay so let's say that your dad was a demon, it doesn't make sense for Satan to kill them. There are plenty of angels and demons who broke the rule and Satan wasn't the one who killed him with his own hands." Vernon brought up another point, making everything more confusing.

"What if your dad was on the demon council, isn't your family's bloodline on the angel council?" Seungcheol was brought up.

"If that's true Satan must have hated that my parents were together, maybe it's because they both had power from the different councils? Maybe he hated that they could've changed something?" Idalia said she was racking her brain trying to connect the cryptic dots.

"Wait."

Everyone looked at Minghao who had been relatively quiet as they all tried to figure out what was going on. All their faces looked at him expecting something.

"Remember when we were all taught in school around year 4 that demons and angels shouldn't interact? The day all the people from both councils met. The one where rules became more strict about who could interact with who and how?"

They hummed in agreement, Seungcheol chiming in, "That's when major rules changed for how we all could interact... What day was that?"

It seemed like after one switch another one was turning on. They all grew anticipation as Wonwoo searched it up on his phone quickly.

"September 9th, 1998."

Everyone's eyes widened as they looked at the paper that explained her mother's death and the attempt of hers.
September 9th, 1998.

"Everything's going to work out fine, so stand straight and walk like you have some sort of class." He muttered under his breath slinking his arm to her hipbone guiding her into the big golden crested doors.

Biyu was terrified, her gut churned as it seemed her whole life had flipped. The fitted red dress that hugged her body made her feel small and her husband's hand on her hip didn't help.

She felt disgusted by him. She couldn't see him the same. He killed a pregnant angel. That baby died before it could even experience the world.

She wondered if it was so easy to kill one baby then how safe is her own son. So that's why she handled the warm hand attached to her even as it blazed on her skin.

LeiWei showed no sign of fear. His posture was straight and he was well-groomed. He looked like he didn't do anything wrong and that made her feel even worse.

They sat at the end of the table, on the other end God and his wife sat, the worry was evident on the ladies but God seemed prepared. Like he knew more than they did.

One of the messengers was nervous. His hands gripped the newly made document as both councils got situated.

"Go ahead," Hyunbin –God's name– spoke to the messenger, waving his hand for him to speak.

"Today, Lee Hyerim from the Lee Descent was killed along with her baby. As she was the speaker of her bloodline we had to find someone to take her spot. After some speaking their family decided to put her sister, Lee Hyesun, as the speaker."

Lee Hyesun was sitting with her family, pain evident in her face but she kept the tears from forming.

Hyunbin nodded towards the family in condolences, but he quickly moved to the real reason why both councils were present for the meeting.

"It was to my knowledge recently that Lee Hyerim was in a romantic relationship with the demon Choi Kangdae. My guards found him not much farther off the property where Hyerim was found. He was dead as well with a note sealed in his hand."

The councils were shocked. The relationship was already sinful on both sides but as they listened their minds all concluded Hyunbin was leading up to do.

"We have found that Choi Kangdae killed Lee Hyerim and her baby for the reasons of feeling guilty. He was in the Demon Council and couldn't handle feeling like he was sinning. Afterward, he killed himself to end the treacherous relationship."

Hyunbin spoke easily as his eyes glanced at all the members. A serious look was on his face though. And when he glanced towards Leiwei his face tightened just a small amount.

"From talking with LeiWei we decided that it would be best to reform the rules for interacting with each other. This is a tragedy and I don't want it to happen again. What does everyone think?"

The demons and angels began to speak, for a moment everyone's voices spoke out with opinions. Making the room fill up with the overwhelmed councils.

But LeiWei showed no reaction to the rest. But his grip tightened on Biyu's hip, his nails digging into it. He slowly turned his head dipping down slightly to whisper into her ear.

"I told you that everything was going to work out fine." The statement was not comforting to her, it sent chills down her spine as she realized everything he did.

She was disgusted to an extent she could fathom. Anger was filling up her veins and that ultimately led her to what would happen later.

He had a slight smirk on his face when he moved away from her head. It was meant for her only
to see but across the table, someone else saw it and he had to restrain himself from laughing.

Because the baby was not dead. Because that was not her fate.

And he knew that confidently. So he played Satan's game. Patiently waiting for the day everything would change.

 Patiently waiting for the day everything would change

is this even good?