33

song:
we're already - kimmuseum

A SUNSET AND A BALCONY

The two had never been forced to be stuck together. Although forced was a dramatic way to describe the two being in each other's company, it was fitting, to say the least.

They just sat there, the two on the couch, at least a foot away from each other.

Jeonghan and Seungcheol thought it would be smart to have their hideout on Earth. So they were able to get an apartment on quick notice and a little witchcraft. That witch's name was mentioned again by Jeonghan and Idalia definitely teased him once again about her.

So the two now sat in the practically bare apartment — it only had the necessities. They had been just sitting there for at least an hour or so because the sun was setting and she could see it because of the clear glass doors that were in front of her which led to the balcony.

Idalia hasn't really been able to see the sunset. Yes, she's seen it in passing but she had never looked at it, never watched the sunset.

It was beautiful, the sun was darker and warmer as the sky was beginning to mix oranges and purples preparing to say hello to the moon.

It intrigued her and was more interesting than just sitting there so she got up, walked to the sliding doors and opened them, and snuck onto the balcony.

Minghao, since they had got into the apartment had been in his head the whole time, it was nothing worth noting, most of his thoughts were just some to get rid of time. But his eyes kept watch of Idalia because now it felt like she was in more danger and that made something inside of him twinged in uncomfortableness.

So he noticed her slip onto the balcony, only opening the door enough for her to ease by. He was curious as to why she wanted to go out there. Maybe she just wanted some air? He wasn't sure for the reason but he saw her lean against the railing and look up into the sky.

He felt almost compelled to get up, for some reason he thought she might want him to be there on the balcony too. It was odd and didn't make sense. Maybe it was telepathy? Because when he thought that she turned around towards him and took a step forward; peering her head inside the living room.

"Do you want to watch the sunset with me?" She asked, and he wanted to get up quickly but he stopped himself and slowly nodded, rising from the couch and going onto the balcony.

Once on the balcony, he mirrored her actions. He leaned against the railing leaving a comfortable distance between them.

"It's pretty. The sunset," She said.

"It is."

"There's so much chaos and the sky still manages to be pretty." She stretched her arms out as she spoke.

"Do you think the sky cares about us?" He asked.

"I don't know, probably not. But it would be nice to think that the stars, the moon, and the sun can see us down here hurting and want to give us something beautiful and peaceful to look at to get through it." She stopped speaking and looked at him, embarrassment filtering in her,
"Sorry, that's naive of me to say."

He looked at her, "It's not, it's hopeful," he wanted to say something else, he wanted to say it was cute but he refrained himself. "If there's nothing to look forward to then why should we fight for our lives?"

The two were staring at each other but for once they weren't angry or uncomfortable. The air was tranquil and it was creating something for the two. But what exactly?

"What are you fighting for?" She asked, closing her mouth worried that she had just crossed the line.

And maybe if it was a week ago that would've made him run away but at this point, he was too tired to run, this was his fate whether he hated it or not.

"My mom, she has a spiritual tumor, she gets medicine from the Coven that affiliates with the underworld, I don't know... I just want to see her after this is all over."

"Can you not see her now?" Idalia was nervous she was crossing the line and he did hesitate to answer but nevertheless, he did answer her.

"It's a difficult process, but maybe after all of this, it'll be easier. What about you?" He had never been so... okay with spilling secrets before, not even to his friends. Was it because he needed to share his feelings because he might die or is it because he feels inclined to trust the angel in front of him?

"I just want to complete my mission," Her words were too open-ended, and just like her, he was curious to know more.

"What's your mission?"

She looked at him, she noticed the dryness accumulating in her throat. She felt her nerves picking up, the calmness in the sky was losing effect but she had to answer.

"Saving you. I told myself once I got Death's Call that I would save you... make sure what happened to my cousin doesn't happen to you." She was nervous, you could hear the trembling of her voice but Minghao didn't say anything about it.

"What about you?"

"My fate seems to be to die, so I just want to complete one mission, and saving you is fulfilling enough for me."

He didn't understand her selflessness, it made his brows furrowed and his lips tightened. It was appalling and because he was so focused on himself he didn't realize that this was her fate. And something inside of him cracked.

"Is that what you want? To die?" He asked, hoping for her answer to go one way.

"No, but I don't know any other option."

Their conversation died down, the sun had set and the two were now again in silence.

And it seemed that nothing had really changed.

At least nothing changed externally, but something changed inside of Minghao and it was the foreign, fuzzy, nerve-wracking feeling he has had in her presence but now it was stronger and almost impossible to ignore.

thoughts?? also i change the header but i prolly won't change the previous ones bc that's a lot of work but who knows? :) update: i've changed everything