41

song:
who's gonna save u now?
- rina sawayama

A LOST CAUSE, A RUINED FRIEND

Dazed; but not subdued anymore, Jun sat, constricted to the chair by some sort of spell. With Seungcheol in front of him sat as well, and Jeonghan and Eunji were behind him, waiting for Jun to make a wrong decision.

"Why did you do it, Jun? Why risk his life?" Seungcheol voice was low but cold while being careful to not let Minghao or Idalia hear the conversation. At least not yet, his natural protectiveness apparent.

Jun said nothing, he was unmoving, and in the bare room, he kept his eyes down. His relenting made Seungcheol sigh, his frustration already ascending. He was frustrated; why wouldn't he be? Someone he trusted was so easily swayed. Although a part of Seungcheol understood why Jun was forced into the opposite side of this fight. He wondered why he couldn't have even tried to fight it or at least not conceded so simply.

"Jun, we know what your father did, and I'm guessing your father knows about Minghao and Idalia and us, but why would you do that? Did he make you, or was this your own free will?" Although defensive, Seungcheol had compassion. Or maybe his denial was strong enough that he couldn't believe that Jun would betray so willingly.

"You need to let me go," they were the first words Jun said, the first thing that came out of his mouth was a command, not a plea, and at that moment, his shoulders straightened, and his resemblance was uncanny to his father. "Before the hellhounds or the council come looking for me, I am the next in line for the throne. I'm my father's son, and they'll find me here and kill all of you."

Jun was detached, his words drastic but numb, affecting Jeonghan and Eunji, making her prepare the subdue spell in her palms—ready to attack. But as the two prepared and cowered, Seungcheol, unlike them, only felt his born rage swell, the demon inside of him wanting to cackle at his command and threats.

"That's what they already plan to do, isn't that right?" Even though Jun held more authority than Seungcheol, he was not one to back down, "I thought maybe you were against your will, but I was wrong. You're just as bad as Satan, you power-hungry cowards." He scoffed, leaning against his chair, his jaw tightening absent-mindedly.

To say his words didn't affect Jun would be a lie, but he stayed unfazed, allowing the bullet-like words to hit him. He endures it because he has to.

"Let me go, so you'll at least feel like you tried to win when you lose in the end." He still was confidently dull in his words, but as he stared at Seungcheol, there was something in his eyes. Like he couldn't say what he truly wanted to.

"How did you change so quickly? You were never close to your father, so what is it? What does he have hanging over you?" Another bullet shot. Piercing him once more and unlike before, Jun's jaw tightened as Seungcheol's had already relaxed.

"Nothing. Why would I be in favor of filthy half-bloods or an angel whose bloodline is tainted as well? It disgusts me that you'll so easily let an angel in and, better yet, accept Minghao as a half-blood. Saying I changed when really it seems like you all did." He leaned back, matching Seungcheol's energy as his venom words dripped off his tongue- the taste even bitter to him.

Seungcheol's fist clenched, and the only thing keeping him back was a hand on his shoulder, which he could already hear Jeonghan telling him its not worth it.

"It's loyalty, Jun. That's why, and it seems that your loyalty lies somewhere different from us," Jeonghan butted in.Jun almost chuckled, a scoff escaping his mouth, "What Loyalty?. You don't seem very loyal to your ruler. Or the rules that angels love to claim to follow." Jeonghan was taken aback by his pride being crushed enough for him to take a step back to ease the tension.

Abruptly, Seungcheol stood up, making his way to the door, nodding towards Eunji, signaling what she needed to do. "You know Jun, I never was too keen on following the rules. I thought you knew that." With his final statement, he left the room leaving the three.

Eunji stopped her magic, the blue light fizzling away. "Will you need any help?" Jeonghan asked her, his amount of care for her in his eyes.

"I got this." She smiled at him, placing her hand on his shoulder to reassure him, allowing Jeonghan to leave the two. A witch from the largest coven and the son of satan in one room increased the intensity. As Eunji placed her palms out, vermillion and luminescent swirls cultivated out.

"It wouldn't be right to make you forget everything you've done," She kissed her teeth. "So you'll remember what you did to Minghao, you'll remember his gut-wrenching screams, you'll remember what you've done," She got closer, her hands reaching the sides of his head. Jun began to fight the restraints. There was finally a perceptible emotion from him— apprehension.

"But you won't remember me, you won't remember coming here, you won't remember the conversation you just had. Think of it as a safety net for us."

Her palms got closer, the energy connecting to his temples making him grunt in pain, "You're doing this to the son of satan. There will be consequences," He roared.

She giggled, it so sweet compared to the harm she was causing, "Why would there be? You won't remember anyway."

The room flashes white, but his vision goes black as his memories are ripped from him in one final blow.

edited! (grammarly said this was a 100 sooo)

new character alert?! im a eunji stan tbh.

anyways how we feeling, i hope you're feeling a little melancholic because of jun, i understand if you hate him, or even feel sad for him, the complexity is important because we are not done with jun yet. dont worry there will be more twists and turn.