07

song:
la la lost you - niki

TREADING CAREFULLY

blood moon in 53 days

He left that day cowardly; heading back to his safe space where he could build his walls back up. Not willing to crack under an angel.

It was an odd experience for him, a strange feeling was pulling him towards her even as he tried to walk away.

Getting ready in the morning kept him on high alert as every chance he could he checked his eyes hoping for a different result. Nothing changed though, the pools of gold were still swimming in his eyes.

His head was constantly swarming with thoughts but he tried his best to get rid of them. Pretending none of this happened.

As he walked into the university later than he normally did he kept his head low hiding from everyone. He felt all eyes creeping on him, even though no one paid attention to the cold demon; ignoring him was a developed habit for everyone around him.

No one wanted to set ablaze a demon's wrath so the safest way to stay away from them was to never look their way, it's what everyone did knowing his reputation.

In the library, Idalia picked at her nails while skimming through books to retain knowledge. Remembering yesterday made her lose an ounce of determination.

She would be lying if yesterday didn't hurt her pride.

Her efforts were being tossed away by him but for some reason, she couldn't stop wanting to help. In a way, subconsciously, she thought saving him would redeem the previous events.

The books in front of her were messily scattered on the table that contained all the history on half-bloods, but as she skimmed through doubts filled her mind.

There was only one thing that was keeping her hopeful; no one knew about the demon's golden speckled eyes.

Almost like a sixth sense she raised her head her eyes locking on a physique that she's encountered a lot recently.

His head was ducked down; making his grown-out hair fall around his face. The certain confidence that used to ooze out of him was no more, instead, his posture ushered in nervousness and fear.

It was a rare sight for her; never seeing a demon not show confidence. But then again he wasn't just a demon anymore.

His fingers were skimming books quickly; searching for something intensely. Her eyes followed as he anxiously looked for something.

Standing up from out of her seat she marched over to him, making his eyes dart to the small figure beside him.

His eyes wreaked havoc, those cold dark eyes being tainted with warmth. And although warmth was creeping up on him his skin still contained the chilling grey undertone all demons had.

"Whatcha looking for?" Idalia whispered nonchalantly, letting her fingers trace the books on the shelf. Her voice sounded casual, with no sense of fear or anxiousness unlike before.

"It doesn't concern you," he mumbled turning around looking for his desired book once more.

"I mean I do know this place like the back of my hand, but hey if you don't want no help, that's okay," she responding hoping for him to ask for help but instead he continued searching independently.

Sighing in frustration she moved in between him and the booking making a lot of distance decreased between them. Looking down at her his eyes became colder; a quick flash of red struck in his eyes.

Idalia stood though even with the fear bubbling in the pit of her stomach she stood her ground. She was waiting for his confirmation; a signal that he would let her help.

She knew she could help.

For him, all his overwhelming sensations allowed for those eyes to flash scarlet as frustration began to overflow from his insides.

"I can help you, let me help," she pleaded, grief displaying from behind her eyes. He saw it, the small flash of mourning from her making him even more irritated as his two sides began battling with each other.

Don't trust her.

Let her in.

Kill her.

Let her live.

A constant push and pull made him stumble a bit but quickly he grounded himself choosing one side of himself. "Get away from me before I kill you," he grumbled out walking towards the end of the aisle.

Without hesitation -because her brain didn't have time to rationalize- she grabbed his exposed hand; clutching on to it as she did with her cousin in her last moments.

Once contact was met, Minghao was stuck in a place like a million butterflies swarmed inside of him; an almost euphoric feeling erupted.

There was also a tingling sensation in his hand that Idalia was holding with all might making him look down, his eyes widening in sight.

There his veins were glowing with crimson and honey gold in his hands following up his arm. He was losing his mind at this moment; mouth drying losing all comprehension at that moment.

Idalia also couldn't believe what she saw; never having seen this before. She was bewildered, her tongue slightly poking out in confusion as it always did.

His veins were flowing; power from opposites. And as their eyes connected both were scared. Scared of what would happen next, not knowing what all of this means.

 Scared of what would happen next, not knowing what all of this means

Minghao is lowkey her charity case lol.