57

song:
unsaid - ruel

WINGS II

Heads turn, and gasps emit from the crowd; Seungcheol's ballsy statement only adds heat to the inferno. Satan's head tilts, and Idalia writhes in his grip. With all attention on him, he lifts his phone, and the exact recording that sounds of the horrors of Satan empaling Minghao's mother with a spiritual tumor plays out. It incriminates the leader everyone believed in.

Whether or not Satan was frightened or livid didn't matter to Seungcheol, but seeing Satan's vein in his forehead bulge made his ego grow oddly.

"Trying to make a scene?" Satan's teeth gritted; he couldn't believe the evidence. He thought afterward he had checked everywhere in that women's house for anything, but he must've missed something years ago.

Idalia coughed out, and from being distracted, he let go and pushed her to the ground. Her lungs screamed for air. Hand touching her neck, knowing another bruise would blossom there.

"More than a scene. You're guilty, Satan; why not admit that you killed your wife, an angel, a demon, and bedridden a demon just because they all knew your secrets. You conjured humans and scared them enough so that they would come down here as demons temporarily to vote in your favor. You destroyed innocent lives." Seungcheol's voice raised, and more gasps heard. "You've contorted the truth to fit your sick narrative. Hell needs a new leader."

Satan scoffed. "A new leader? No one will ever amount to me, to what I've done." He looked around. Some pushed his gaze away, not looking at him, while others seemed to be prideful of their leader. "So, was this your show and tell? It doesn't stop anything. The beheading will commence. But first, I'll kill you." He looked back to Idalia, who coughed, eyes wide. "Choi."

The guards followed his orders, picking her off the ground. She looked back towards Seungcheol.

"No!" Her lungs burned. She kicked and twisted from the guards to break free, but they rose above the ground, now her legs dangling as Satan joined. The two face to face.

Like the silence before the storm, Idalia's scream was the warning signal before chaos broke loose. demons began to fight; half-bloods, to the best of their ability, joined, and finally, out of the shadows, the angels followed.

It was a numbing scene, somehow so loud and destructive, but it moved slowly—everyone chose the side they wanted to be on.

Idalia didn't have time to look, as the familiar scene felt like punches to her gut. Satan, with an expression that could only make her blood run cold, was in front of her. The smirk on his face apparent—only evil conspiring.

Feet away, Minghao, with the energy he could muster, began to stand up. His feet ached like he was stepping on glass, and even with palms helping him stand, grunts escaped his mouth.

But he still ran to her, but before reaching her, guards toppled over him.

"Well, I guess you always knew I killed your aunt," Satan shrugged. "So you must know what is coming." His hand wrapped and clenched around her neck. With her hands, she lifted them, scratching at his hands to the best of her ability, but with them tied it was not easy.

"She wasn't my aunt," Idalia choked. Tears escaped her eyes as scenes of her premonition blurred with reality. "She was my mother."