18

song:
hug - seventeen

DEATH'S CALL

Her mind was overwhelming her as she scurried to find the person she trusts the most, as the words whispered in her ear kept on replaying. Everything was caving in, she was still trying to rub the words out of her ears.

She was now in the library, glancing for the brown-haired male who was older than her. Her eyes stopped on the cream sweater that she remembered was what he was wearing today.

Speed-walking she pulled out the empty chair sliding in it. His eyes glanced up from the books at her commotion, eyebrows lifting, excited to see her.

"Idalia!" He whispered but his excitement was evident. She didn't even pay attention to his smile, "I need help Jeonghan," she whispered back, one of her legs bouncing furiously. His smile fell as he saw the fear that covered her face.

"What's happening?" He asked, shutting his book. "I keep on hearing a voice, but no one is there, no one could be saying it. I feel like I'm going crazy!" She exclaimed, putting both her hands on the sides of her head.

"What do you mean voices?" He asked, mind searching for answers for his panicking friend. "It's eerie and before it every time my hair on my neck raises, it's like right in my ear." She answered pointing to her ears that now were tinted red from roughly rubbing them earlier.

His face went pale as a ghost overcame him. This did not reassure her any better. Before answering he picked out his phone, typing quickly before putting it down.

"I think death's calling you."

Her body went cold.

"The Death's Call is when supernaturals get sensations and sometimes hear voices. It's the mind preparing them for death. Typically the calls start around two months before death." Jihoon spoke as Jeonghan and Idalia listened.

Since Jeonghan didn't know too much about The Death's Call he contacted Jihoon, only telling him it was for a project, knowing Idalia wouldn't want the information to be out.

For Idalia, she listened to the best of her abilities, but truthfully her mind was too jumbled to engage completely.

"Thank you Jihoon, this will help greatly with our project," Jeonghan thanked, rising from his seat and resting a hand on Idalia's shoulder, gaining her attention.

Meters away Jihoon blurted out, "For your project, you should mention how unbearable it is to deal with the Death Call. Most kill themselves from not being able to deal with the insanity."

Idalia's hands were shaking from his words, all her hairs on her body were raised as Jeonghan's hand rested on her back, "Will do." He responded guiding her out of the study hall.

The wind from outside hit her face, giving her a prickling sensation while Jeonghan's hand dropped back to his side.

Her legs felt wobbly as she attempted the steps but ultimately gave up, residing to sit at them instead. "I'm going to die," she breathed out shakily, tears lining her eyes.

She was terrified, not ready to meet her end, she didn't want to already be in the abyss. She wasn't ready to go, especially not even being put on an angel mission yet. "What am I supposed to do?"

Her voice was desperate, shaking as she formed a sentence, and now tears started to fall; creating a waterfall on her face. Rubbing her back Jeonghan attempted to comfort her, worried for his friend.

"I don't know what to do," He admitted, feeling guilty that there was no way for him to help.

In the distance stood the familiar lanky demon whose face contorted in confusion as he saw her overwhelmed with emotions. Which ignited the feelings he felt for her earlier.

He couldn't tear his gaze away, and before he knew it his feet were guiding him towards her. Somewhere inside him was attached to her and for whatever reason, it was the strongest part of him.

And he couldn't just push it away.

Her face was in her hands as her body shook from the cries she let out. Jeonghan still rubbed her back as even his eyes were watering; heartbroken for her.

His attention was on her until a shadow appeared in front of him making Jeonghan look up. There stood Minghao staring at Idalia, not even caring to look at Jeonghan.

Simply Jeonghan patted her back, making her move her hands away from her face to also see the shadow in front of her.

Aggressively she rubbed her eyes, sniffling as her eyes saw the shoes, automatically knowing who it was. They were the shoes she spilled Sprite on.

Her nose was wrapped in red as the tears on her cheeks made her face shine. Eyes being puffy, Minghao took in the mess that was now Idalia.

"Hey." He said the word is too simple but so complex in his head. "Hi," she breathed out softly, her voice on the verge of breaking again.

Taking that as his cue, Jeonghan stood up from the steps deciding to leave the two, he patted her head before walking back into the building's door.

Minghao took the spot where Jeonghan was sitting, wiping his hands on his black jeans. He was at a loss of words wondering why his body forced him to her.

Realizing a deep breath, she tucked her unruly hair behind her ears, turning her head to him, who was already staring at her.

She tried her best to smile, hoping that it could hide the fear and sorrow that was manifesting in her. But that wide teeth smile, shattered her heart as too much pain was in her. She broke right back down.

She hugged herself, whimpering, feeling the smallest she's ever felt. Minghao didn't know what to do, never having to comfort anyone who felt this extreme of emotions.

But his eyes —unknown to him— were glowing gold, his angel side exposing itself, ready to be of use. And he didn't want to push it away.

So allowing the new side of him to take over, his hand reached to her farthest shoulder, pulling her into a hug.

His eyes never glowed so strong before.

they are having a moment!! also three updates in one day :)