28

song:
places we won't walk - bruno major

A REVELATION FORMING

A continuous scale was being shifted on each side. The weights of light and dark fighting- not for balance but power— the eradication of the other.

His blood was boiling under his skin. The pulsating anger was close to erupting like a volcano. His senses were overwhelmed, but still, his face appeared bold. But Xu Minghao was anything from the sorts.

To add on, his own complicated, unwordable feelings for the angel were adding more pressure as he tried to catch up on the vigorous change he has to face.

But no matter how many steps he took— the half-blood could never catch up.

At this point, he wanted to push everything away and pretend that even for a moment that he was just a regular demon who tormented anyone that could be his prey.

He wanted to be who he was before— he wanted to wear his mask of intimidation to hide away from all the eyes he felt on him. He didn't want Choi Idalia to be stuck to his hip no matter how many harsh things he said to her.

Minghao just wanted to be alone— there was no point for anyone to see the drastic painful changes he has to go through. No one deserved that burden.

These realizations felt like a revelation, but they were just secrets hidden in the depths inside of him that have bubbled up and escaped.

Maybe they were a good thing. Maybe his cold facade needed to go, to disappear. Maybe Xu Minghao needed to let in the side of him he despised.

But that won't happen... at least for now. His facade was his protector, it's burned onto him; he needed it to keep his secrets hidden.

Especially after he heard Idalia's words.

Her trust-breaking company in her premonition knocked him into a spiral— a spiral of sadness that was hidden by his angry demeanor.

He didn't believe— he didn't want to— because it being true would be the ruin of many things. It tilted his perceptions of its axel and made those gold swirls in his eyes sparkle in madness like broken glass on a floor.

Sitting down on the bench where all her words spewed out, he kept his eyes locked on one of the brick walls of the school, calculating everything in his head; working out all the scenarios.

Too in his head to notice, the wavy-haired angel was beside him- picking at the skin around her nails. She felt just as bad as he did.

Maybe even worse.

For her, she felt like the root of all problems. Even if it was irrational, Idalia's mind could only run there. From the electric veins, she activated in his arm in the library to the future that seemed like an over-brewed pandemonium— Idalia felt guilty.

She was also, in the back of her mind, losing it. For apart of her didn't even feel worthy of being an angel, as now she has broken many rules. Even putting aside those rules, Idalia felt that her presence was making everything worse— like somehow the unfortunate, soul-sucking death's call was latching on to everyone around her.

It was all just a huge mess— and she didn't even know where to start to fix it, and the time ticking down on her life was apparent background noise was not helping.

Neither one of the two knew as they sat on the metal bench that everyone around them was scraping for a plan to help them both. The two unaware of a triumphant harmony forming just for them.

But for now, they sat clueless and worrisome— sharing the same emotion coincidentally—running through jumbled up thoughts together in silence; As the sky grayed, and the white dustings of clouds became heavier and darker making the sun blur away.

Their deary moods were strong enough to create a deary day. Their feelings together, merging were dampening the world. A phenomenon unknown to them and everyone.

All it takes though is one person to unravel the secrets that lie beneath, to uncover what truly Minghao and Idalia are... together.

we're back! what did you think? :)