12

song:
my time - bts

A DIFFERENT SIDE

He didn't show up, and this seemed somewhat important. Now an hour has passed from the time he said to meet and his figure never once showed up. Other students passed in and out but he hadn't, yet. Idalia didn't want to leave, but as it got darker outside the consistent light from Heaven was calling her name.

Impatiently, her foot was tapping as her hands played with loose strings from the holes of her jeans. Her eyes kept on glancing at the door while she also tried to preoccupy herself hoping that would get him to show up. Her thought though was going back to her dream. She didn't know if that was past or present and there was no way to know as she had no way to contact him.

The glass lights from above were dimmed, so the light from the newly rose moonlight shined in, reflected off of the many shiny art pieces in the room. Glancing back at the watch- that truthfully was bought as an accessory- the time past six had now been two hours.

She huffed out making the pieces of hair that framed her face move from the air she expelled. "Where is he?" She questioned out looking at the open door. The studio would be closed soon, making her contemplate waiting or just leaving.

Needing to get out of the intoxicated paint-filled room she grabbed her bag, slinging it over her shoulder walking briskly out of the room. Making it to the main entrance door she pushed it open, tucking an unruly strand of hair behind her ear.

Sitting on one of the many benches, she crossed her leg over the other pulling her messy hair into a ponytail using the hairband on her wrist. Exhaling her breath she peered her head out looking from both sides, expecting, well hoping to see him walking up. But of course, no figures were walking at this time.

Another huff of air came out from the small amount of irritation that was building up inside. Looking once more for him she finally gave up not seeing anyone who even remotely looked like him. Standing up she made her way back home, getting out of her human form which revealed her pristine wings.

Finally, back in her safe space, she pulled out her work from earlier, finishing some work before crashing on her bed. Staring at the ceiling, the worry was eating away at her. She was concerned about his condition but at this moment she didn't know what she could do.

Thinking for a while an idea popped in her head, it would definitely be bold but she impulsively decided on it. Turning onto her side she prayed for her dream world to be something more bright.

To her dismay, the dreamworld she was planted into was nothing of the sort. Flashes of red infiltrated her vision while a warm liquid trickled down her forehead. As she looked ahead she noticed that she was laying down. Trying to move to no avail, a sharp pain shot up her back making her feel somewhat hollow.

"Help...help me!" She screamed out, then suddenly a heat started to radiate her. It was close as a devious laugh came out. Sounds of wings flapping and gushes of wind hitting her body made her recognize that there were multiple people there. Trying to turn her head she saw a black suit hovering above her but what made her shiver was the wings that were attached to him dripping in black.

As her head pounded she tried to lift herself, pushing off the brick. But before she could get up completely a hand pushed her head back down burning her with their hand. Banshee-like screams escaped her as his hand burned her face. In a quick movement, she tried to let out her wings, trying to flutter them alive. But nothing happened, they wouldn't move, and before she knew it the hand let go and simultaneously ripped the blood-stained angel wings off her, sending her into excruciating pain.

In a flash of light, she awoke panting harshly which turned into a dry cough spell. Her heart was erratically pounding, and sweat was sliding down her forehead, feeling similar to the blood that dripped off her head in the dream.

Did she just see her death day? Not being able to truly think about the dream because of the nerves that were built up she exhaled her breath that she was holding raising her hand to her chest. She could feel her heartbeat incredibly fast, almost being able to jump out.

Checking the time she stumbled out of the bed, feeling uneasy she showered in hot water and got ready to make it back to the earth world. Remembering her plan she thought of last night, she pushed aside her terrifying feelings and walked up to the group of boys that radiated trouble.

As she walked, attention was flashed her way. Human and angel eyes followed her figure with wide eyes as they saw her intentions. Making it to the benched area they always sat when a few of the boy's eyes looked up at her. The two were confused but returned their attention to some sort of game on their phone. Walking farther she made it to their leader, well that what everyone called him anyways.

Wanting to be calm, because that was her plan from the start. But that all went away from the on-edge feelings she had from earlier events and the irritation that had bubbled up from Minghao's flakiness, she didn't hesitate.

"I need to see your phone," She let out impatiently, annoyed by lacing her words. Vernon and Hoshi who sat beside Seungcheol looked at her with hunger in their eyes. They could hear the pumping of her heart and the feistiness that she expelled was making them excited.

Seungcheol wasn't having her antics nor her temper, "Maybe if you asked nicely." His eyes bored at her, tempting her to start a fire. With no hesitation again she lit another spark, "Cut the crap, I need to contact Minghao, dude didn't even come last night."

Unknowing to her, the boys who were around her were shocked. The temper she let out was not typical for an angel. It grabbed their attention as they watched to see how Seungcheol would handle it. Unexpectedly to everyone, he pulled out his phone handing it to her unlock.

"Only because he asked me to." He let out flatly as a couple of them snickered at his softness. Scrolling through his contacts she stopped at the familiar name and pressed the call button then brought it to his ear. It rang a couple of times but then it picked up, "You said to meet yesterday and you weren't there, I waited and I was concerned," She said fast, quieting her voice on the last part. Walking away from the group, coughing was coming from the other line but no voice was heard.

"Hello, are you there?" She asked as her hands became numb, for some reason nervousness was trickling in her system and the hair on her neck raised when he spoke out. "I need your help."

Her heart had never dropped so fast.

I know the concept of demons and angels might be confusing but don't panic

I know the concept of demons and angels might be confusing but don't panic. I promise it will be explained in this story. :)