48

song:
hai cheng - xu minghao

A MOMENT THAT
SHOULD LAST FOREVER

Idalia expected to return back down to earth and once again be away from him. She foresaw him to be away till the depths of the nightfall, but she was surprised to see him on the couch anticipating for her arrival.

He ran his hand through his hair and once the front door clicked open he whipped his head around, catching a glimpse of the person he was so worried about but also so relieved to see.

He stood up quickly, no restraint to hide his emotions as he walked towards her, noticing her slumped figure.

"Eunji filled me in, how'd it go?" Reaching out to her, his hands found both of her shoulders as she glanced up at him, pressing her lips together.

Because how did it go? It was probably the best-case scenario realistically, so why did her heart still feel numb and empty when she recalled those moments? Why did she feel like it was actually a loss?

She knew the answer because now they had to keep their distance. That both her aunt and uncle were cowardly enough not to fight with her felt awful, but she couldn't fight them on it, because partly she understands

Because if she wasn't at the head of this fight she might've not put herself on the frontline of this war either.

"The best it could be I guess," her somber words murmured from her lips.

His hand moved to her hand, patting it in a calming manner before tucking hair that covered her face behind her ear.

"I knew that they wouldn't help but,"

"You hoped they would," He finished her words, the words she felt hesitant to voice.

She nodded her head, those heavy feelings resurfacing along with watering doe-eyes. "It just sucks that's all."

"I'm sorry." He apologized for something that wasn't his fault, but at the moment those were the only words that felt right along with a long overdue hug that allowed for her to let her shaky breaths and soft whines escape.

He kept her in their entangled hug for as long as she needed, rubbing circles on her upper back as they stood in the foyer.

"How's your practicing going?" Through the muffling of being against his chest, she tried to play catch up since they hadn't really seen each other in a while.

"It's going, I've learned that being an angel isn't completely useless," He joked making her tilt her head up to him.

"Hey!" She protests. "Angels we're never useless, you were just blind."

"I'm kidding sweetheart," He patted her head, her hands tightening around his waist.

She smiled from his display of affection, her heart swelling from love and not pain like earlier. It was crazy how fast he could cure the aching in her heart. How fast he could mend such broken emotions.

Their proximity had been this close before, but now that they hadn't really seen each in four days- which felt like ages truthfully- they couldn't step away from each other.

Like something was pulling them closer and closer until their faces were mere inches apart. With her slightly on the tips of her toes and him leaning his head closer towards hers while encasing her in his arms the two could hear each other's nervous but comfortable breaths.