17

song:
dancing with your ghost - sasha sloan

EARS RINGING

blood moon in 42 days

The aftermath of the incident from earlier made her now join the boys at their table. A few of them were asking questions about the situation while some just scoffed about the demon.

"I can't believe Eunwoo tried to mess with our angel," Mingyu scoffed, ruffling her hair as he complained. "He's got a lot of nerves," Seungcheol added as they all nodded remembering past events.

Idalia rested her chin in her hand, confused about what they were talking about. "He's just done a bunch of stupid shit, always looking for trouble," Minghao explained, eyes still trailing on her neck that still had a shadow of Eunwoo's hand.

Something in him twisted when he saw it, an urge to snap Eunwoo's neck, and his heart pulled, even though it was a small feeling it changed his face, drawing his lips into a thin line.

His change in emotion only caught one person's eyes, he sat across from the two and watched how his closest friend was changing, all because of an angel.

"So, what are we going to do about you Minghao?" Wonwoo asked, redirecting Minghao's attention off of Idalia. All eyes went onto Minghao, even Idalia turned her rested head, eying him, expecting an answer.

He just shrugged, because he didn't know what to do, he can't fight it nor can he postpone it. He just will have to deal with the pain to become.

"It's not necessarily the transformation that everyone should be worried about, it's the councils," Idalia hesitated as shoulders drooped from the realization.

Their friend is in grave danger.

But those eyes that kept on Minghao looked the most worried because he already knew what was to come.

Idalia's eyes stayed on Minghao's face, because as the sad fact reminded her, images of her cousin flashed, the banshee cries and gory injuries engraved in her mind.

Unknowing to her she was shivering from it as her eyes were widened, soulless as she stared through him. This made their saddened gazes trail off of Minghao to Idalia, confusion casting their faces.

She wasn't clear-headed until a hand grasped her shoulders, warmth spreading from the touch. She blinked profusely as the hand retracted and he looked at her with concern.

Shaking her head she faced everyone, "My...my uh... my cousin was a half-blood, the council ripped her wings then killed her." Her voice was as loud as a whisper as she played with her hands on top of the table.

"The Heaven council does that type of shit, damn, who knew they were as cruel as us," Hoshi let out soon receiving a nudge from Wonwoo. "It's a general protocol for supernaturals, it was decided by all," Seungcheol informed.

They all got quiet for a moment, not knowing what to say as Minghao's fate has already been decided. "What if they just don't find out?" Mingyu asked as Wonwoo sighed.

"They always figure it out, half-bloods are not allowed, it sucks but that's how they've always been." The group went quiet again, digging into their minds, trying to find a solution.

But there isn't one.

Idalia sighed, feeling hopeless for him. "At least we have Idalia right? So you'll know what to expect with the cycles?" Veron consoled, trying to find something to be hopeful for.

They murmured 'yes' as they all began to converse about the next cycle for Minghao. While he played with the silver rings on his fingers, unsure how to cope with his fated death.

Idalia wanted to say something but ringing pulsated in her ears, silencing their voices as her vision blurred. She went into a frenzy, blinking and furrowing her eyebrows as the hairs on her neck rose.

Expecting the voice she turned her head back, ready to catch the whisperer, but no one was there but the voice reappeared, right beside her.

"It'll be soon."

She gained their eyes once again, pupils dilated and vision clearing back up she skimmed the area for anything, but no one was around but the boys.

Her heart was beating fast, palpitating to the point where her breaths were getting shallow. She stood up abruptly, grabbing her things, as they all started with caution and confusion.

"I...I gotta go," she shuddered out, rubbing her ears violently.

SATAN'S MANSION

Jun with his bag slung across his shoulder entered the red mansion, gargoyles on either side watching as he entered. Sliding off his shoes his black cat came up, meowing at him.

He reached down, petting him before throwing his bag on the black leather couch. But just before he could sit down, Rina, his dad's main assistant, came in.

"Hey, Rina," He said as she nodded to him, holding a matte black folder in her hand. "Mr. Wen would like to see you Junhui," She told, making his sigh.

He headed to the double doors that were a mahogany red with gold details. Pushing them open his dad was sitting at this desk in the back.

The overhead chandelier shined in the room, lighting on his dad's raven hair and red tailored suit as he wrote with a calligraphy pen.

"You wanted to see me?" Jun announced, striding over to one of the couches, sitting down casually. "Yes, I did. How's school going?" His father asked, letting go of the pen, clasping his hands together, giving Jun his full attention.

"It's going fine, everything's fine," he lied. His father's eyes twitched but quickly concealed it with a smile. "I heard from Mrs.Cha that you and your friends saved an angel?" He questioned, leaning back in his chair.

"You know how much of a pain he is, plus Idalia is cool I guess," Jun said, muttering the last part.

His father's eyes squinted for a moment, "You know the rules son, I don't want you involved with angels. Don't do anything stupid."

His father knew everything, but he wouldn't reveal that to his son. Instead, he would let Jun lie to him.

Because in the end, they would both be dead.