27

song:
run - joji

OLD FRIENDSHIPS

It took moments of silence and small step pacing to calm down her overwhelming nerves. Even now she was still in a state of panic but the shaky hands and pacing had lessened in effect.

There was so much running through her mind, but it was those cold, powerful eyes that were burned into her mind- now a permanent vivid memory she would never forget.

Not to mention that she would have to face it again.

It seemed like the day couldn't get worse when Joshua declared that their friendship would be put on a very distant pause- practically a broken friendship.

But then it did, the blurred vision and echoing screams in her ears happened from the death call which caused her to almost collapsed completely on the university's linoleum floors.

And now it was even worse. A sickening premonition that only sent chills and worries down her spine. The trauma that is displayed in the back of her head she knew that she would only have to relive it once again.

Everything was terrible today, things kept on getting worse. Choi Idalia was spiraling into a shit show of events that kept on crawling at her.

To add to it- she had to also face her ever-growing feelings that grew for the half-blood sitting down beside her who before completely tore her down earlier.

How did this all happen in a span of a day? Better yet, could it truly get any worse?

She sighed heavily, tapping her feet to find some sort of repetition to keep her mind busy. She just wanted one moment to escape from this never-ending
fear-dwelling feeling.

"We're in trouble..."She mumbled, fear evident on her face.

Surprised, he looked up seeing the angel standing in front of him urgently.

Another surprising event was also happening on the campus, a certain courageous angel took his efforts to talk to a certain demon with whom he had a history.

He was doing it for Idalia, he knew how much Idalia wanted to help Minghao even if his stubbornness pushed her away. Jeonghan just couldn't stand to see her upset— he wanted to help her accomplish this.

So that's how he got to this empty classroom with the respected demon, "Seungcheol, we both wanna help someone in this situation. Don't you think it would just be better if we worked together?"

Seungcheol was contemplating, curious about the plan but still had doubts about it all, "So you're saying we all team up and kill Satan, for Minghao to live?"

"Not exactly, Satan and God both have the power to take away our abilities, we just want him to take Minghao's angel side out of him... obviously it's risky that's why we all need to go there if things go south."

"Oh they will Jeonghan, Satan will not save Minghao just because we ask, it'll end in bloodshed..." Seungcheol thought for a moment, trying to find a more successful idea. "...Maybe some coven could help, but the only real way to get Satan to help is to overpower him, we need something to blackmail him with."

"That could work," Jeonghan agreed, a subtle excitement in his body from this somewhat civil conversation they were having- it felt like before.

"The only problem is that Satan is Jun's father, if anything goes wrong he'll have to pay the price, and no one has blackmail over him anyways..." Seungcheol realized, understanding that this seemed like a losing battle.

"Well, let's start digging then," Jeonghan spoke, a soft smile falling onto his mouth as he reminisced the two when they were younger; all the silly, harmless tricks they would pull.

Even Seungcheol's lips formed into a smirk.

this chapter is really bad

this chapter is really bad... honestly, I've just been in a funk with this book :/