32

song:
hello future - nct dream

THE TEAM-UP OF A CENTURY

blood moon in 19 days

"Well, I guess this gives us two reasons to fight Satan," Seungcheol mumbled, finding this whole situation to worsen as the days went by.

Everyone just sat there, processing. They needed that time to do so, especially the two at the heart of all these unfortunate events.

On one hand, Idalia felt like she was stuck at the center of a tornado. Was she just supposed to let all this happen to her?

She knew the answer to it, but she didn't want to say it aloud. Because she was losing courage, but for everyone else, she wanted to fight for them. So she wouldn't allow herself to cower into a corner for her last remaining days.

I must at least try.

On the other hand, Minghao had never in his life felt so off-put. His body was on edge. He was still in his transformation, it wasn't over, the most painful was next to come and he could almost feel his new wings wanting to bulge out of his shoulder blades.

While his body worked overtime, his mind was racing just as fast. There were too many emotions for him to handle, so he had kept quiet. But with this new revelation for the nth time so far Minghao could help but keep his glance on the angel for long periods.

It didn't feel fair to him. That this was happening, especially to her. He would admit it now but he disliked it greatly.

"I feel weird," Vernon admitted, his thoughts coming to the forefront. "Our ruler who we all believed to be great is the one hurting us."

He said what all the demons were thinking. Because even demons have feelings. They are just placed differently and they're loyal to their people so they felt almost guilty for blindly following Satan.

There was a lot of growth from the demons. It was slow and minor, nothing drastic but it almost seemed as if demons weren't maybe so bad at all

Things seemed to be changing in the group and it was all because of her.

"I'd say let's fight, he's corrupt. Maybe we could get the angels to help us, Idalia?" Mingyu questioned, his protectiveness over his old and newly made friend was obvious through his words.

It almost seemed like perfect timing. Because a smile dusted on Seungcheol's face for a moment. And before they all could realize, Idalia's angel friends had walked up to the table that had become the new meet-up spot.

"I talked to Jeonghan a while ago, we were planning together already," Seungcheol spoke, Idalias and a few other eyes lighting up. Jeonghan glanced at Seungcheol, a reminiscent smile grazing his lips softly.

Idalia turned her head, disbelief washing over her, "You all are going to help us?" Her eyes were widened, confused on how her friends could be so helpful to the demons they disliked.

"We'll do anything to help you, Idalia!" Dokyeom assured the boy, gripping her shoulder in confirmation.

Idalia was sporting a wide smile at that point. She was grateful and emotions for thankfulness grazed her heart.

While she smiled, a certain pair of dark eyes checked the hand that still laid on her shoulder. His body tightened reactively. His heart rate rose consequently.

It was that feeling again. He wanted to brush it off but it was rising and becoming more apparent. These feelings that he didn't want to admit were building and soon he would not be able to hide them.

"This is crazy." Idalia realized, the group merging as one was surreal. "So what's first?"

"You need to continue to take that medicine, we need you sane to help Minghao. We need Minghao to be able to transform completely without Satan getting to him." Jeonghan started to explain, everyone, paying attention to him.

"Satan probably wants you both dead now, he keeps eyes on everyone who he needs to. So we all need to prepare." Seungcheol added in.

"From what I've researched, beheadings and killings of half-bloods are done on blood moons because it's when half-bloods have the least amount for

strength." Jeonghan stopped for a moment, allowing the group to take in the information before continuing.

"Minghao around when did your transformation begin?" Jeonghan questioned.

It had felt like such a long time ago but as he recalled it wasn't that long ago. "Maybe a month ago," Minghao answered.

"He's in the third stage, his wings just need to come." Idalia butted in slightly, trying to signal that the transformation should be done soon.

Minghao nodded, the two making quick eye contact from talking. Her eyes made him nervous.

"Soon you should transform, it's step one of our plan. We'll all be here for you...Idalia, you'll stay around him?" Jeonghan expected a yes from her, and she responded with a quick nod. Her gaze turning to

Minghao hoped for him to be okay with it.

He nodded the slightest amount as an okay.

"Great. You two stay together, some of us are going to see if we can find some more information. While others can just stay alert for now. It's important for you to just get through this." Jeonghan spoke to Minghao at the end, hoping some of his words are reassuring the changing demon.

"Don't worry you two, the buddy system will work and you can always get us," Mingyu smiled confidently, his confidence oozing onto the others who felt nervous.

"Any questions?"

Everyone looked at each other. It was silent as no questions seemed to be evident.

That silence broke when the more social angels and demons from the groups started to talk, making Idalia and Minghao who were the center of attention moments ago fade into the background.

That's when Idalia turned her head to him, noticing his eyes were on her then saying.

"Are you ready to be stuck with me all the time?" Her dimple on her right cheek showed and lines wrinkles around her eyes.

"You've been stuck to me this whole time already, so nothing new." He spoke with a straight face as her smile fell a centimeter until he smirked showing he was only teasing.

And that made her smile widen.

everyone's going to be friends now aw :))) thoughts?