59

song:
let the grass grow - ruel

IDALIA'S AND MINGHAO'S
FATE

Like hyenas to their prey, once Minghao made any movement, guards and councils alike trampled him as if they had a vengeance against him.

Tirelessly, he fought them off, the plan playing in his head repeatedly as he used any sense of will to continue the fight. To his dismay, it was barely enough to keep himself alive, and only when Idalia shined the light onto them did he have a moment to breathe.

They backed away from him, but with them, dazed and in pain, only brought more councils, but they came with scarcity and elegantly paranoid confidence. But even with their hesitation, they grabbed him. Like Idalia, he thrashed and kicked and did whatever he could, but unlike her situation, things were maybe in his favor.

One of the councils, one that seemed to harness the most power and authority, grabbed Minghao's arm with a sense of urgency. He attempted to push her away, to get out of her grip, but with words that made his spine crawl, he froze from shock.

"We're saving your life." The woman spoke, one of her clawed fingers touching his inner forearm where the vein was; she then plunged her finger in, creating a throttled scream from Minghao.

Her actions were not an attempt to kill, even if the pain seemed like it was. Instead, the piercing changed into heat as she lifted her finger out, moving it as the glimmers of angel blood were squeezed out, the process continuing till there was none left, and they then would let him go, moving on to the next half-blood.

He could barely comprehend what happened; all he knew was that the white feathers on his wings -that he was getting used to began to fall off, and the mixture of colors in his arms was dying out. For past Minghao, this would've been a dream come true, but now it felt wrong.

Minghao didn't know, no one knew what these rogue councils' thoughts were, but for them, they were doing damage control just in case they lost so that no more half-bloods would get killed. So they extracted the side of the half-blood that came last to as many as they could, hoping it could beat the clock of Satan's wrath.

—From the rumbling ground the first time, the heat of the fire even irritated Minghao, but the flames were enough to engage him in his surroundings and to see the event that Jun warned him to run away from. But Minghao sat some feet away with Idalia lying on his lap, the two too close, and with not enough time to escape, he realized his grave mistake.

Even if he saved Idalia and turned her into the demon he now was once again, they wouldn't survive the impact of Jun's sacrifice. Still, Idalia's words and his promise laid plainly in his mind. With hesitation, he swiftly leaned his head down, his fangs grazing her neck, a sharp inhale from Minghao before he sank his teeth into her neck.

As Jun crushed his father's heart, Minghao's swelled, and the soulmate bond became more intense; it was hazy around him, and the familiar glimmering deep ruby began to bloom off of Idalia's skin.

The image, the dramatic moment, no one would've predicted the scene to such intricacies that's is two soulmates.

When Hell's atmosphere flashed in bright light, Minghao held her in his arms even as he ached in pain from the energy that hit him. He tucked her in his arms till his breath was taken away, making him fall backward on the encrusted floor.