23

song:
together - seventeen

REUNITE

"No good news?"

Idalia was walking towards where Jeonghan was when he said that making her shake her head slowly, feeling pathetic by her own feelings.

"He doesn't want to... I mean I get it, who would trust me?" She pitied, her eyes staying away from Jeonghan's; scared that eye contact would spring up tears.

"Don't say that, you have been helping him with nothing to gain this whole time, you're very trustworthy," Jeonghan reassured, moving his textbooks off of the bench to allow her to sit next to him.

She sat down, shoulders slumped as she puffed out her cheeks. "It's stupid of me to assume that I would be able to help someone before I died..." She mumbled out as she looked down at her laces and then to the sides of her hightops that had embroidered flowers.

"Did he say anything else?" Jeonghan asked, protectiveness alerting inside of him.

"I don't understand why he hates me so much, I thought he was warming up to me." Her words fell out of her mouth faintly as she recalled the constant confusing signals Minghao has given her.

He was kind sometimes but would easily change and become so distant and angry.

Everything was up to chance with him. From real-life actions to those hazy- almost mysterious premonitions she's had of him. His feelings were just not clear to her, and that's what made this so hard for her to understand.

She just wanted to know what he was thinking.

"Idalia,—" Jeonghan said as his hand squeezed her shoulder trying to gain her attention. "—Minghao is transforming into a half-blood, his way of thinking is changing and he probably hates that. He's just trying to compensate for the waves of kindness he's experiencing."

Her eyes finally looked up towards him, his comforting aura exuding outwards towards her. "He's going through changes that we'll never understand," He alluded.

She swallowed her saliva, trying her best to be rational like Jeonghan instead of the emotional mess she always somehow is. She nodded in understanding after she swallowed.

But even if she understood, it couldn't get rid of the strong emotions she felt because of Minghao.

"I don't even know why I'm so upset with him Jeonghan," She sighed, truly confused about her emotions.

"You care for him," Jeonghan said simply, the four words flowing off his tongue easily but impacting her hard. She never realized it until he said it, so her heart rang, it felt almost like it was swelling as Jeonghan continued.

"Just think about it, from the beginning you wanted to help him, even if you two didn't meet in the best way. Idalia, you went into the underworld, undercover like a spy to help him through a cycle of his transformation."

"I was the only one who knew, I had to—"

"No, you could've revealed his secret, it would've been safer for you, but instead you did something that could potentially ruin you and went down there, just for him," Jeonghan interjected, not allowing Akina to make some excuse.

And she couldn't. She was wordless as she thought back. She really went into Hell with no hesitation for him. That revelation threw her off, as only her voice allowed her to whisper.

"I care for him."

Jeonghan just smiled at her dumbfoundedness, because even though her caring for him could end even worse than before, he felt glad that she had found someone to fight for. He was proud.