45

song:
flowerld - billlie

SORROW AND ADJUSTMENT

Amidst the fog of her mind, Idalia hadn't moved from the balcony. She had a fleeting moment of running away, knowing how easy it would be to fly away.

She felt ashamed the second the thought crossed her mind, but she just wanted bliss, and it was selfish since everyone was fighting for her and Minghao, but the idea still came and passed.

She sighed, kicking her sneaker-covered shoe into the railing harmlessly before taking a deep breath and walking back inside.

She scanned the open room, which was mostly empty. Many decided to follow Minghao, Jihoon, and Wonwoo to help. But she noticed a few were still there.

Jeonghan and Eunji leaned against the island countertop, talking about something, even a few laughs in their conversation. In sync, they looked up and smiled softly at Idalia before returning to what they were saying.

She was glad they had a moment to unwind. They deserved it.

He was winded, unable to dodge Wonwoo's punch to his stomach, leaning over to catch his breath.

"C'mon, Minghao, you used to be one of the strongest demons in our group," Seungcheol yelled at him, shaking his head, not angry but knowing he needed the push.

"Yeah, well, I also wasn't a half-blood either," He grumbled, standing up tall, bracing for his next swing.

In a field in the middle of nowhere. The angels, demons, and the half-blood were all in form. Their wings and fangs out, along with their powers swirling in their eyes.

Minghao's fangs peeked out from his cherry lips, his eyes a battling storm of good and evil as he swung and flew, fighting against Wonwoo.

Sweat was growing on his hairline. In a moment of weakness, Wonwoo grabbed him by the neck, his intense stare making Minghao feel inferior.

He didn't look like a demon anymore, feeling like he wasn't intimidating. Because, yes, his eyes were still slitted, and, yes, he still adorned his fangs, but his features were canceled out. His wings were once a stark black, and now they are peppered with white feathers, and his red eyes were now mixed with gold.

To Minghao, he looked less than his demon friends, but to everyone, they were intimidated by him. He was the perfect mix of evil and good. He had the abilities of both an angel and a demon. He was terrifyingly beautiful to anyone who would look his way. He just didn't know this.

But he was weaker now, not because he was a half-blood but because he was tired, his energy ephemeral.

What made it worse is he knew nothing about his angel side, like how an angel defends themselves.

"This feels so pointless," He dry-heaved, shaking his head, ready to give up. Ready to run away.

"It's not. I wanted to see what you could do," Jihoon spoke, his white wings out behind him. "Knowing now, I can help you hone your angel side."

"What even can angels do? It's not like you all kill as we do," Soonyoung shrugged.

"We're not supposed to use our abilities for harm, but that doesn't mean we can't," Jihoon lifted his hands up towards the demons, a blinding light expelling out of his hands. It blinded them, causing them to groan. Quick enough, he closed his hands again, shrugging at the men who looked at him while blinking profusely.

"That's actually crazy," Mingyu admitted, rubbing his eyes relatively harshly.

"I can do that?" Minghao questioned, opening and closing his hands, envisioning the light to come out, but it didn't.

"Yes, this is what makes you powerful. You have the wrath of a demon and the protection of an angel. Here let me show you how to do it," Jihoon explained—

"How do you feel right now, Idalia?" It was just Eunji and her in the apartment when she asked, the older woman reaching out to her.

"Uhm, well, I definitely am not prepared for any of this," She smiled awkwardly, "I know I want to be alive, but I don't know. Something about being reborn in an instant scares me."

Eunji's eyes were warm, her magic exuding from her in a hazy amethyst purple. "Being reborn is a big deal. It's understandable to feel that way, but it's better from a soulmate than anyone else."

"I know, but it's just a lot, like too much for me to even say," She ran her hand through her hair. "I trust everyone, I trust Minghao, but I don't trust our enemies, and if anything goes wrong, then what will we do?"

"We'll fight Idalia. Listen, I know I just met you, but Jeonghan has talked about you and your group ever since I've known him and what I've learned is you'll are so loyal, no one is going to leave you down there," Eunji assured, her words soft.

"I can't shake this feeling in me," Her words were restrained, barely slipping out without tears, "I can't get rid of the premonition, it's stuck in my head, and it's haunting me."

Accompanying hand gestures, Idalia pressed her lips together, the woman on the brink of tears. Her future screams echoed in her head.

"I can feel my wings being ripped off. I can hear my screams constantly." A lonesome tear, falling, her chest constricting, crying for air.

Eunji didn't know what to do. She could give her hope and tell her the future could change, but she didn't think that would help. More than likely, it's going to happen, and the premonition was instilling fear into Idalia.

"Hey, breath, you here right now, Idalia. It's okay right now," It was the best she could do. She reached out her hands to squeeze Idalia's hands that were clenched together on the island. As she would for her younger sister.

"This is all too much," She hiccuped, shaking her head, "I don't feel strong enough for this."

"Idalia, you're strong, and even when you're feeling weak you have people around you who would lend their strength to you. What can I do to help you feel strong?" Eunji asked the uncanny familiarity of Idalia in front of her. Reminding her of her sister as she asked what she always did for her sister.

"I want to be able to fight, to defend myself. I don't want to put Minghao in danger by not being able to defend myself." Her eyes were puffy, her nose red as her cheeks glimmered from her slow escaping tears.

"Okay, I can help you with that," Eunji smiled, squeezing her hands.

"How?" Idalia's eye's softened.

"Well, with my magic, of course."

these women about you show yall some badassery, anyways Idalia and eunji bout to be besties wbk hehe

what's yall thoughts? hope you don't think Idalia is some sort of broken record, a solution doesn't always fix emotions and trauma.

next chapt we going to hell again :)