11

song:
smile flower - seventeen

DESPERATION

Returning to her room, feeling drained from the day, she plopped herself on the pale yellow bedsheets closing her eyes, enjoying the darkness. But her eyes shot right back open, searching for that journal. And there it was, on the desk, the light pink journal where the angel wrote her thoughts, the place that would expose all her feelings.

Looking out the window, she examined the atmosphere of Heaven. The white clouds that sparkled, acting like rocks, and the white brick road that shined, and even the river that reflected all the shades of blues. The place looks like a dream, unreal, but somehow was.

Letting her eyes rest, wanting to pass the time, to unwind, she allowed herself to fall into dreamland hoping to pause the chaos. As she was falling into the clouds, in the underworld Minghao was in pain.

Cold sweats were overtaking him as any time he tried to move his body would ache. He was stiff, cracking at any movement and nothing was easing his pain. He was too scared to ask for help not wanting anyone to find out about this.

But as his body screamed for help his will to keep it a secret was depleting. He kept his eyes focused on the sliver of the outside that wasn't covered by the black curtains. The red-infused brick that was laid on the streets of Hell and the blood seas that ran all over. Or even the black buildings that glowed red he looked at trying to divert his attention.

His pain would not fade away and from the tiring aching and stiffness, his eyes rolled into the back of his eyes as his body curled into a ball on his cold floor, cracking from the movement.

Into dreamland feelings of cold and pain-filled her senses as flashes of scenes rapidly change until it stopped on one. She was standing in the moment not being recognized by him who was leaning against the side of his bed.

Looking closer she noticed his matted raven hair and his eyebrows that were scrunched in agony. His legs were sprawled forward that had grey sweats accompanied him. His lips were dry, chapped as a ruby color traced the cracks.

Feelings of solemn fell over her as she watched his body breathe in hoarsely, and the soft pounding of his heart somehow infiltrated her ears. The tiredness was displayed on his body as she took steps further. Crouching down she looked closer at his face making her heartache.

The transformation was destroying him and no one was there to help, she looked around quickly for any sort of communication but none was there, not even a phone. "What are you going to do?" She asked but of course, no answer came back, this was all a premonition.

She contemplated the situation as a pulling feeling was beginning to tug at her feet. It continued to pull as she started to panic, she tried to memorize the room quickly before at once the pulling took her away from the vision making her body spring up in the comfort of her bed. Lungs gasping for air, small beads of sweat formed on her forehead and the back of her neck as she checked the clock beside her.

The time was morning so getting herself out of bed she swiftly got ready and made her way back to the earth realm hoping to see his face on campus.

To her somewhat delight she saw the group of boys he normally hung with at the front but as she skimmed the figures the lanky boy she knows was nowhere to be seen. She treaded past them avoiding eye contact but as she walked by a blazing hand grabbed her shoulder.

"Ow!" She squeaked out before turning towards the figure, rubbing her shoulder with her hand. A figure who was taller than her loomed over her. Curiously she gazed at him trying to identify the demon. As the light-bulb went off in her head her eyes widen. "What do you want?" She asked while trying to cover the panic that filled her voice.

Handing his phone towards her the contact list on his phone of the person who was on call, 'Minghao.' Her head tilted to the side looking at the call, "He wants to talk to you." Their oldest said as she picked the phone out of his hand lifting it to his ear quickly.

"Hello," she let out softly nervous to hear the voice on the other side of the phone. "You said you wanted to help me," He let out the hoarseness of his voice making it hard to speak.

She mumbled out a 'yeah' as the boy in front of her glared at her impatiently not understanding at all what was going on.

"Meet me at the art room at six."

finally a team up?

finally a team up?