60

songs:
End to Start - Nct 127
Lavender Haze - Taylor Swift

THE END FOR A NEW BEGINNING

When Satan's corruption became exposed, Hell finally became a sanctuary again for demons. That's when everything changed.

To find out that Minyoung was essentially working with Hyunbin only surprised the group after the statement finally went around. Although that was surprising, hearing about Jun's place in everything that went down that day changed many feelings about him as well. A slow journey of forgiveness for some, but still, it was forgiveness.

Jun's sacrifice and his loss from an early age were now not his only scars; the flames that now illuminated him, like the scales of a dragon, showed superior dedication to make things right. His heroine act was fruitful in ways he never imagined, and now Hell could only see him as a fit ruler.

Soon, his induction would finalize, and many demons and Hell's creatures were ready for rebirth, but Jun was nervous, worried that with the power, he would become like his father. Though with support from the living and the dead, Jun knew he had to step up and replenish all the damage that seeped into Hell's ground.

On earth, where the group still had their haven, even if they didn't necessarily belong there, the events of that day were finally shared through long, thoughtful conversations, hugs, and comforting tears.

The first moment Idalia and Minghao rekindled with the group was nothing short of uncontrollable gratefulness, which showed from those love-bearing hugs and pure tears.

She was sent practically around, getting hugs from them all, the angels with pout-covered smiles and the demons who at that moment shed their facades just for that moment to reciprocate their care. Even Seungcheol held her protectively.

Minghao got his hugs as well, something he wasn't used to, especially the gratitude for saving her and for being alive himself. Seokmin, although barely older, ruffled his hair and hugged him as if they were family.

Maybe they were, not by blood but by something more vital.

Jeonghan's banishment was talked about, even if it was heartbreaking. What hurts the most is not even Hyunbin, as they saved supernaturals and humans alike, couldn't tell the group about Jeonghan's whereabouts.

They all searched for him through the following months, but it was as if his vanishing was intentional, like he wanted to be lost. His disappearance was ghostly.

As the group relaxed in victory, sadly, some were not present. The group was missing three, each of their disappearances different.

Jeonghan was wallowing in a small town, his bare feet littered with cuts and bruises that wouldn't heal and traumatized scars on his shoulder blades. He was lost, purposeless, and even if through the grapevine he heard his friend's victory, it wouldn't matter to him. He was numb.

Soonyoung was also gone, the group unable to track him, only the trail of blood he splattered behind him as he moved to the next city to cause more havoc. Wonwoo and Mingyu searched. They all did extensively, but somewhere deep in their minds, they all were fearful that if they found him, he would be so far gone, so broken. Soonyoung was not who he was, and his hunger to make the world reek of his pain was the only thing keeping him alive. He was enraged.