50

song:
gone - twice

THE SHIFTING SCALE OF EVIL

Horrid. She never envisioned herself in a cell where the walls were ink black. Where the floor was nothing more than matted straw on top of concrete; dried blood in spots showing the previous prisoner.

All she could do was weakly lay against the wall, watching footsteps occasionally walk by, sometimes pulling dragging feet. She bit her nails. What was once pristine was ruined as she could only harbor a few emotions that blurred in her mind. The only thing she wanted to do was cry.

Cry along with the others, who she assumed were more half-bloods. They screamed, some confused, some pissed, but it didn't matter because their screams were useless. Even if they were loud and pungent at first, the screams faded into a whisper as they flowed through the prison and were eventually silenced.

They were helpless.

Idalia tried to look for Minghao. For hours she screamed for him to answer, but alas he never responded. In a moment where she just needed him to say anything, he was gone, her body tired from fear, hoping eventually she would hear his voice.

The back of her head ached, and her ability to self-heal was useless in this dungeon as she had no energy, not even enough to heal the gash. So, it scabbed over along with the multiple scraps as she attempted to fight off the demons. Even as they pulled her down here, even as she was barely alive, she tried to fight, not accepting this as the end.

She didn't know where Minghao was, but she would find him.

She promised that to herself.

—When one missed call turned into two, then ten, Jeonghan knew something was wrong. Gathering the group, they went to the apartments and what he feared became true.

The apartment was like a ghost town. The two's sketches of each other sat on the coffee table, the tv still played something, and those scissors Idalia used to cut Minghao's hair still sat on the bathroom counter.

Remnants of the two were vividly seen, but the two were nowhere to be found.

They all split up, some looking for a clue in the apartment that could've signaled what happened, while others went outside.

When Jeonghan traveled outside, unknowing to him that he was quite literally where Idalia was hours ago. In the spot where rain plummeted on her. Where she squinted only to see a horror many feet away. But as he looked in front of him, everything seemed fine at first glance.

A deep sigh escaped his mouth. He knew his instincts were right, something was obviously wrong, but with no trace of the two, searching felt like a dead end.

He walked towards the pergola, not with it being his destination in mind, but just needed to walk to help ease relief or help think of where they could be. He had an inkling of where they were, but he hoped for the best.

"I'll just try to call her again," He muttered, placing his phone to his ear. His feet made the muddy ground squelch, but when a loud buzzing resmebled a ringing phone, increasing the atmosphere's volume, he stopped. He moved the phone away from his ear. It was not his phone making that noise. With his heart racing, he scavenged the ground with his eyes. A small screen lit up with his name on it laid in the mud.

His tongue went dry. Walking towards it, he picked it up quickly, noticing the droplets of water and mud that stained the back of it. Luckily, Idalia never locked her phone with a password. So, he was able to swipe up, the phone unlocking only for more dread to fall onto him as an unsent text to him illuminated the screen.

if this is sent to you then my hunch was correct, we're in trouble. satan pretended to be jun or someone did and now were in trouble. I'm not sure exactly what since this is a pre-meditated text, but jeonghan if you see this then I'm probably in hell somewhere waiting to be killed or something. what im saying is to push the plan forward.

With an undertone of anger, Jeonghan immediately got back to the group. The helpful but, somehow also unhelpful, text was reiterated to them, each of them confused and angry but willing to listen to her request. Now, though, their plan would need adjustments, seeing that the two weren't with them.

"We should've known they would trick him. Although he's strong because he's a half-blood, he's also just as vulnerable. They used Jun so he would be impulsive," Jihoon spoke, rubbing the in-between of his eyebrows that furrowed in guilt because he should've known better. All of them should have.

"What's done is done. All we need to know that Minghao and Idalia are probably both in Hell. Probably in prison cells, so we need to continue the plan. They might not be able to do anything right now, but at the right time they'll fight." Soonyoung wanted to be positive, but at the same time, he knew that they all needed their regret to go away.

Everyone nodded solemnly, but still they continued. That flame of anger and persistence dimmed but still glowed inside of each of them.

That flame was bigger, annoyed at the God he cherished, the one he followed blindly. As there has been an injustice to both angels and demons for decades, he sat there doing nothing, allowing for innocents to die at the hand of a vicious devil.

Jeonghan was angry at his creator because to sit complacently was more villainous than Satan who killed recklessly. He could do something, just sitting there when his own people were wrongfully killed made something inside of Jeonghan not even want to call himself an angel.

He did not study for countless hours or care for humans from a young age to not fight against what was wrong. That's not the type of angel he wants to be.

An angel or their creator would not act this way.

So he soared to Heaven, with yelled words in his throat, ready to speak to the one who's known the most but has done the least.

is the group falling apart? is this too much to handle for average angels and demons? i'm not sure my poor soulmates ;)

my poor soulmates ;)

anyways let's hope the two are okay, and let's hope that jeonghan keeps his anger contained (spoiler: he won't)

how y'all feeling? i'd say maybe 6 more chapters maybe, not exactly how they will span out though

as the story comes to an end please write your theories for the "boss fight"... i'm curious as to
what you think is coming.

also i don't want to spoil- actually i do- but there will be a vol 2 so who do you think will be the next lead????

all my best,
mads