37

song:
void - lil nas x

THE WORLD COMES
CRASHING DOWN

The cool air lashes out at the many busybodies on earth. The winter season envelops the world in a cold hug. The days were now shorter– the night came too quickly.

The moon had already said its greeting on earth, but for Hell and Heaven, there was no difference between day and night. Hell was dark, ashes were crusted into the rocky ground and rivers contained swirls of deep red that were tempting to look at – almost enchanting.

Heaven was always shining, an unknown golden light source lit every inch of Heaven and roads had flakes of gold. Heaven had a presence of a comforting hug, wispy in the air.

The demons and angels were all in different places, each of them looking and preparing themselves for what was eventually to come. Although they were nonviolent, Seungkwan and Seokmin were with Wonwoo and Mingyu on earth, learning how to defend themselves against demons.

It was in a secluded place, and the four were trying to be serious–well one of them actually was–but their surprisingly growing connection was diverting their attention from defense to laughing and over-exaggerated hand motions.

In Heaven though, Jeonghan, Jihoon, and a reluctant Joshua were searching through patented journals from Heaven's council. Hoping to find more information about the day when everything changed.

The three had to sneak into the official building, already doing something against their pure nature, but at this point, it didn't even matter.

The intricate writing made them sigh at the difficulty, and scrunch their eyebrows. It was written in mainly Latin words, and the ink was fading, and really none of it made sense. Although it made their heads ring, Jihoon and Jeonghan were not giving up.

Unlike them, Joshua just stared at the same words over and over again, it's not that he didn't agree with the group, it's just it all seemed too much, too personal. He was uncomfortable as he grazed through the writing that talked about Idalia's bloodline. The two of them had fallen apart, their friendship, which he held so close to him burned to ashes.

He was the one to set fire to it, he knows that, but he couldn't help it, because his heart was aching numbly as he watched her let go of his hand and reach for another.

He thought his bland expression would hide his feelings, but his eyes showed all his emotions too clearly, and Jeonghan had seen his bright eyes dull since Idalia met Minghao.

But he didn't say anything, hoping the two could work it out on their own.

In the depths of Hell, the remainder of the demons managed to make their way into Minghao's house and were currently invading the hallway closet that Minghao said had his mom's journals and random documents.

Seungcheol sifted through the box of journals, Soonyoung was dialing Jun, getting a bad feeling that their friend was nowhere to be found, and Vernon was keeping watch as he stood near Seungcheol; his body facing the front door.

He flipped through the labeled journals, the past covering his fingertips in a haze as he skimmed through them looking for anything that stood out.

But nothing was out of the blue as he put another journal down, nothing seemed to be what they needed until his eyes caught onto a thicker journal. It had no frayed edges, making it stand out from the other ones.

His hands clutched the journal, for its thickness he expected it to be heavier than it was, but what was more unsettling was when he moved it towards him it rattled oddly. He opened the book, the first page looked normal, doodles and cursive handwriting adorned it but when he flipped through a chunk of a book his eyes widened.