13

song:
if you need me - julia micheals

FAKE BLOOD AND REAL PAIN

Now she was being snuck into the underworld with the help of Minghao's friends. The conversation earlier started with her but soon after Seungcheol was on the phone listening to Minghao's instructions. At first, he opposed it but with the pleading from Minghao he informed the guys of the plans.

They were all shocked for a moment, then made jokes about the thought of an angel in hell. It was such an absurd thought but the guys like the danger of the mission. For Idalia, she didn't feel scared of the guys as some of them quickly warmed up to her. Hoshi, Vernon, and Mingyu grew a quick liking to the angel for some reason. They made jokes to her and when she laughed at them the dangerous demons were no more.

It was odd, and somehow a little too easy but Vernon informed her of how their group worked by saying, "If one needs help or asks a favor it's normally no question asked, that's just how we are." Learning about their tight bond and trust for each other made her feel small twinges of envy. Remembering their judgment of her and how they disregarded her feelings -except for Jeonghan- made her feel like her circle was somehow lesser.

Taking note that she needed to inform Jeonghan of all of this later the boys told her their plan to sneak her in. An oversized hoodie from Mingyu and the fake blood that Hoshi got from a convenience store quickly -as Halloween had just passed- their plan was all set in motion. Words of reassurance were said from Mingyu, the one demon who just didn't seem demon-like, "Don't worry, they'll believe me as I'm seen as the 'blonde-friend.'" He said using air quotes.

She laughed at his word choice as they all said they were ready, "You ready to play dead?" Wonwoo one of the more quiet ones said. With a nod she was lifted by Mingyu, being thrown over his shoulder as they flew with their black wings into Hell.

With the fake blood on her neck and the hood over her head, she kept her eyes closed. Feeling the temperature increase as she entered she already felt her body heat up. From the mix of nerves and the temperature, she was beginning to second guess her decisions but her mind kept on replaying his cry for help. He needs her right now and for some reason, his condition is the only thing that mattered in her head.

With some of the boys walking behind Mingyu to watch for any blood-thirsty demons they all walked to what she guessed was his house. But as they stopped moving she almost moved her head up to say something until an unknown voice spoke, "Yo, loser you guess brought a snack?"

The voice was deep but still had a feminine quality, Idalia could hear the hunger from her tone making her heart pound faster but she still pretended to be dead. "Not for you, for us guys, Rae keep it moving," Hoshi let out, showing no time to tease. "Not in a good mood tiger?" She asked, taunting him. Idalia could tell she wanted him to bite back and start something just by her tone.

But luckily Hoshi didn't bite and with a scoff, he finished their short-lived conversation, "In a great mood, now get out of the way." A small whine came from the girl but the boys commenced. A little later they stopped as she heard some sort of key jangle and a door opening. In an unexpected movement, she was put back on the ground as she hesitated to open her eyes. "Coast is clear," Wonwoo confirmed.

Now in some sort of living room, the guys looked at her as she scanned the room. "Alright time to actually kill you," Hoshi teases, flashing a menacing smile that quickly becomes soft. "He's kidding, Minghao's room is down there," Seungcheol said, not trying to give the girl a hard time. As Idalia nodded she slowly stepped into the hallway where the door was. Turning her head she saw all of them watching her as Mingyu mouthed a 'good luck.' Knocking, she then grabbed the door handle while taking a deep breath opening the low-lit room. At that moment her fear was telling her to back out.

Ignoring those voices she stepped into the room that was quite dark with only a dim lamp keeping it from being pitch black. The curtains were covering the window as she scanned the room for any sort of presence. Walking more into the room she instinctively looked beside the bed and there he was.

Feeling a sort of deja vu she walked closer towards him and crouched down at his limp body. And as a reflex, her hand went up to his forehead that was lined with sweat. Applying her hand feeling his head she sighed, not knowing truly how to take care of someone. "You think they would train angels on this kind of stuff," she mumbled to herself while removing her hand from his forehead.

Staring at him she felt her heart drop. His complexion was paler than before and now his under eyes had purple-ish bags from what she could see. His hair was somewhat matted and falling in his face from its longness. His body didn't look broad anymore, now he looked so small and vulnerable.

As much as she disliked the angry-displeased side of him, she couldn't help but wish he was like that instead of how he is now. Looking around the room for anything to help him feel better, she came up short not seeing anything useful. Now, she contemplated if she should wake him. Deciding against it for now she wanted to move his head -which was facing the ground uncomfortably. Softly she moved her hands to each side of his head and carefully began to move it so his head would be leaning against the bed.

Finally getting his head in a more comfortable position she not thinking pushed a piece of his unruly hair out of his face. Staring at him for a moment when a cold hand grabbed her wrist and his eyes fluttered open. "It's just me," she breathed out as his eyes stared into hers with confusion written over his face.

Confused for a moment but then something clicked inside his head as his shoulders relaxed and he released his grip on her wrist. The two just looked at each other not knowing what to do next as chills ran through his body making him shiver uncontrollably. And quickly, with no hesitation, she removed the comforter of the bed and wrapped it around him.

Truthfully she didn't know exactly what to do, because in all honesty she wasn't the one to help her cousin through the pain but she knew that she had to do this and she would do everything she could to help him.